Here’s how to make a classic piña colada: the sophisticated, grown up version of this frozen sweet cocktail!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 5 ounces (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) aged rum
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) cream of coconut (not coconut cream; see notes*)
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) pineapple juice
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) lime juice
- For the garnish: cocktail cherry
- Blend pineapple and ice until chunky. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve garnished with a cocktail cherry and drink umbrellas.
Cream of coconut is a special coconut product made for sweetening drinks. Coconut cream is sold in cans and is not sweetened. Don’t buy coconut cream or the drink will not taste sweetened! If you make this misstep and want to save your drink, you can add simple syrup to taste. Or, you can also make our simplified version of a pina colada with coconut milk. Go to Frozen Pina Colada.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Sweet alcoholic drinks, Sweet cocktails