Here are the best easy gluten free snacks! Snacking without gluten is just as delicious: here are our best easy ideas for beating a craving.
Got a snack craving but need to avoid gluten? You’re in luck: gluten free snacks can be easy and incredibly delicious! While snacking tends to involve a lot of gluten, it’s easy to steer clear and find irresistible, easy ideas for nibbling.
Here are all the best gluten free snacks! The list below has easy recipes for each idea. But if you’re running low on time, many of them you can grab at your local grocery! Try packaged crispy chickpeas, kale chips, granola bars or energy bars: just check the ingredients to make sure they’re made with whole foods and natural ingredients. Ready to get snacking?
And now…the top easy gluten free snacks!
More recipes for every meal
These days, gluten free eating isn’t a hindrance! It’s a way to get creative about the way you conceive of meals. Here are some of our best resources for eating GF, outside of these gluten free snacks:
- 50 Gluten Free Recipes for Every Meal A massive collection of our very favorite gluten free recipes for every time of the day.
- 20 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas Here are all the best ideas for how to start the day right…sans gluten.
- 15 Gluten Free Desserts These sweet treats are guaranteed to become family favorites.
- 20 Gluten Free Dinner Recipes Some of our favorite ways to get dinner on the table.
- How to Eat a Healthy Gluten-Free Diet Here’s more on how to avoid processed GF foods and center on healthy, whole foods!
- 10 Easy Almond Flour Recipes and 10 Tasty Oat Flour Recipes Almond flour and oat flour are integral alternative flours in the gluten-free diet! Here are all the best recipes.
Here’s an oatmeal bars recipe that’s beyond easy! These healthy breakfast bars are irresistibly tasty and great for busy mornings and gluten free snacks.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (no sugar added, or sunflower butter for nut free)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons honey (or 1/2 cup agave syrup* for vegan)
- 4 cups Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Add a sheet of parchment paper to a 9 x 9 pan. Place the ingredients in the pan and press it into an even layer. Use a small glass to roll over the top to get it smooth.
- Freeze the bars for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the freezer and use the parchment to lift it out of the pan. Cut into 16 squares or 32 rectangles. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. You can eat right away, or refrigerate for about 1 hour for a more solid texture.
*Maple syrup is generally our sweetener of choice, but the flavor and texture of honey really make these bars. Since maple syrup is not as sticky as honey, for vegan substitute we recommend agave syrup.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
Keywords: Gluten free snacks
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.