Craving a good project? Try these fun things to bake: both sweet and savory! Pick from breads, cakes, cookies…even fries.
Looking for a project? There’s something so satisfying about popping a baked good in the oven. Here are out top fun and easy things to bake: both sweet and savory! There are the requisite cakes and cookies, fun muffins, and delicious quick breads (chocolate banana bread, anyone?). Then there are savory projects: like a great sheet pan pizza or crispy fries. Whatever you’re in the mood for, we’ve got it!
And now…fun and easy things to bake!
This chewy chocolate chip cookie cake recipe is easy to make and a serious crowd pleaser: the perfect treat for book clubs and pitch ins! It's gooey and chocolaty, with a hint of orange zest to enhance the flavors.
There’s no need to run out to the bakery if you’ve got a donut craving. Try Baked Donuts! They’re irresistibly tender, sweet with a moist crumb, and pure perfection topped with a rich chocolate glaze. Add a bit of confetti sprinkles, and what could be more fun? All you need is a donut baking pan and a hankering for a project.
Also try: Mini Donuts!
Want an easy baking project? These 3 ingredient flourless peanut butter cookies are chewy and irresistibly delicious! All you need is peanut butter, sugar and egg.
This easy apple crisp recipe with oats is classic! Golden crumbles sit atop a luscious, warm-spiced fruit filling. It makes your kitchen smell heavenly!
This homemade no knead bread will wow everyone! It’s so easy to make and has the best flavor, crispy crust, and chewy interior. It's a great thing to bake for beginners!
Also try: Best Sourdough Bread
You'll immediately want seconds of this tasty strawberry muffins recipe! It’s got a tender fluffy crumb and a cream cheese swirl topping. A total crowd pleaser!
Calling all chocolate lovers: here’s the ULTIMATE fudgy and rich flourless chocolate cake! Paired with tangy raspberry compote, it’s decadent perfection. If you're looking for a chocolaty thing to bake, this is it!
You won't be able to stop eating these applesauce cookies! Made with applesauce and oatmeal, they’re laced with an easy icing drizzle. They taste a bit like oatmeal cream pies (but much less work!).
Here's a savory thing to bake that's calling your name: easy sheet pan pizza! This easy method makes a big pan for everyone to enjoy with your favorite toppings and a thick, flavorful crust.
This easy chocolate banana bread recipe is moist and rich: add chocolate chips if you like it even more chocolaty! Chocolate bread is the perfect recipe for brunch, a snack, or dessert.
Also try: Easy Banana Nut Bread or Pumpkin Banana Bread
These are the best oven baked French fries that taste just like a restaurant! They come out crispy and perfectly seasoned: no need for frying. An absolute treat if you're looking for savory things to bake.
This applesauce cake is light and moist, scented with cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix it up right in the pan: no mixing bowls required!
Here’s the very best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe you’ll find! Chewy and packed with chocolate, a hint of molasses makes them utterly irresistible.
This skillet cornbread recipe will become your go-to! Bake it up in an oven-safe or cast iron skillet and prepare to be amazed.
These little cakes are fun, easy to put together, and overwhelmingly satisfying. The moist, carrot-studded cakes have just the right warm spiced interior, and they're piled high with tangy cream cheese frosting.
Impress everyone with these crinkled chocolate cookies that are a triple threat of chocolate! They taste like they’re right from a bakery.
These healthy banana bread muffins are lightly sweet and made mostly of oats and bananas! They’re blender muffins so they’re easy to make at home.
These easy homemade biscuits are flaky, tender, buttery, and everything a biscuit should be. In a word: WOW. Bookmark this recipe: it will be your go-to!
Why not bake up a loaf of homemade sandwich bread? This bread recipe is easy to make and very versatile: it works for sandwiches, toast, and more!
Also try: Easy Whole Wheat Bread
Another savory thing to bake? Nachos! Here's our ultimate nachos recipe, loaded with all the classic toppings. These tips make a delicious sheet pan everyone will love!
This applesauce bread recipe is the best quick bread: unbelievably tasty and cozy spiced. Step it up with an easy icing drizzle that makes a lacy pattern over the top.
Got ripe bananas ripening on the counter? Here’s a decadent way to use them: this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! This recipe takes the standard up a notch by using browned butter, infusing a rich, nutty flavor into the entire loaf. It’s perfectly moist, studded with semi-sweet bits of chocolate and scented with just the right hint of cinnamon.
Here’s how to make an incredible pan pizza at home! It’s got thick pillowy crust and tastes like your favorite pizzeria…but even better.
Ready for the BEST apple muffins? The streusel topping adds a sweet crunch to each bite, and they feature both applesauce and diced apple. To die for!
This chocolate zucchini cake recipe comes out so rich and chocolaty! It’s a fan favorite that happens to be dairy free and gluten free.
This sweet potato bread recipe is moist, sweet and cinnamon spiced! It's a quick bread that’s ideal as a side dish or snack.
This easy blueberry cake recipe is stunning: it’s fluffy, lightly sweet, and scented with lemon. Perfect for dessert or brunch!
An unexpected thing to bake? Grilled cheese! Baking it in the oven is a quick way to make lots of sandwiches at once! Baked grilled cheese comes out melty and golden brown.
This popovers recipe is fast and easy: bake them up in a muffin pan! They’re easy and taste beautifully savory and fluffy right out of the oven.
This scones recipe makes beautifully golden and sweet scones: you can use butter, vegan butter or coconut oil! Add fruit like blueberries and an easy icing drizzle.
Got zucchini? This easy zucchini bread recipe will become a family favorite: it’s moistened by Greek yogurt and so fast to whip up.
Last up in our top things to bake: Chocolate Banana Muffins! Wow, is all we can say about this one! They’re dark chocolaty with a light crunch on top and a moist interior.
More recipe ideas
Looking for more? We’ve got a few more ideas up our sleeves. Here are a few tasty ideas:
- Quick breads: Try Gluten Free Banana Bread, Vegan Banana Bread, Vegan Zucchini Bread, Vegan Pumpkin Bread, Vegan Cornbread or Best Zucchini Bread
- Artisan breads: Opt for Best Sourdough Bread, Artisan Bread, Vegan Bread, Dutch Oven Artisan Bread or Baguette Recipe
- Cookies: Try Healthy Cookies, Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies, Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, or Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Muffins: Opt for Sweet Potato Muffins, Banana Oatmeal Muffins, Classic Cornbread Muffins, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, Favorite Applesauce Muffins, Vegan Banana Muffins, Healthy Blueberry Muffins or Best Zucchini Muffins
33 Things to Bake: Easy Cookie Cake & More!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
This chewy chocolate chip cookie cake recipe is easy to make and a serious crowd pleaser: the perfect treat for book clubs and pitch ins!
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ¾ cup best quality dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and kosher salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or with an electric mixer), cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with paddle attachment for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Add the vanilla, egg, milk, and orange zest and beat for 1 minute.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture until just combined. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in ½ cup of the chocolate chips. Use a spatula to press down the dough into the pie pan. Top with the additional ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 25 to 27 minutes, until the edges are starting to brown and the center has fully firmed up. Cool several hours at room temperature before serving (the cookie cake is much too gooey to cut when it’s first baked, so the longer you can cool it the better!).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Things to bake, easy things to bake, fun things to bake
Let us know if you have any questions!