Here are all the best vegan salad recipes to power your day! These plant-based salads are healthy, colorful, and most importantly: delicious.
Looking for vegan salad recipes? As it turns out, not all salads are only filled with vegetables. It can be hard to find salad recipes without cheese crumbles or dairy in the dressing. But we’ve got your back: here’s a list of our very best vegan salad recipes! Full of nutrient-dense ingredients, these plant-based salads are colorful, healthy, and taste incredible!
This list contains vegan salad recipes that side dish recipes, main dish salads, and lunch salads. For some of the recipes, we’ve listed some easy ways to make them into a main dish. Happy cooking!
And now…the best vegan salad recipes!
This vegan tossed salad recipe features colorful veggies, crunchy homemade croutons, and a variety of vegan salad dressing options!
Make it a main dish: Add chickpeas, white beans or black beans (drained, rinsed and salted), raw falafel, or other vegan protein.
- 1/2 recipe Homemade Croutons
- 1 romaine heart (3 cups chopped)
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 to 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cucumber (1 cup peeled and chopped)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 4 radishes (thinly sliced and halved)
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Sea salt, for garnish
- Pick one Vegan Salad Dressing: Creamy Avocado Dressing (shown here), Best Balsamic Vinaigrette, Vegan Ranch Dressing, Dijon Mustard Dressing, Italian Dressing, Greek Dressing, Citrus Salad Dressing or Lemon Vinaigrette
- If using, make the Homemade Croutons.
- Wash and chop the romaine. If necessary, wash the mixed greens. (You can use any mix of greens here; measure about 2 cups of greens per serving.)
- Thinly slice the red onion. Thinly slice the green onion.
- Peel and chop the cucumber. Shred the carrot (we used this Handheld Julienne Shredder). Thinly slice and half the radishes.
- Choose and make the dressing (select from the dressing recipes above!).
- Toss together the greens, red onion, green onion, cucumber, carrot, radishes, and pepperoncini. Top with sunflower seeds and croutons, and drizzle with dressing.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: Vegan Salad, Vegan Salad Recipes
More resources for vegan and plant based eating
If you’re interested in eating more plant-based meals, we’re here for you! We have lots of resources for incorporating more vegan recipes into your lifestyle:
- How to Go Vegan: Guide & Recipes An overview resource for making a lifestyle change…with lots of recipes!
- Easy Vegan Lunch Ideas The best ideas for a filling vegan lunch.
- Best Vegan Snacks A collection of healthy recipes to get you through the day!
- Vegan Breakfast Ideas Healthy ways to start the day…plant-based.
- Best Vegan Recipes All of the BEST of our vegan recipes.
- Top Vegan Recipes for Kids Recipes kids love, that happen to be plant based!
- Plant Based & Vegan Desserts For the sweet treats you need!
- 28 Day Plant Based Diet Meal Plan and 28 Day Vegan Meal Plan Meal plans for a full month of healthy eating!
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.