This vegan tossed salad recipe features colorful veggies, crunchy homemade croutons, and a variety of vegan salad dressing options!
Make it a main dish: Add chickpeas, white beans or black beans (drained, rinsed and salted), raw falafel, or other vegan protein.
- 1/2 recipe Homemade Croutons
- 1 romaine heart (3 cups chopped)
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 to 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cucumber (1 cup peeled and chopped)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 4 radishes (thinly sliced and halved)
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Sea salt, for garnish
- Pick one Vegan Salad Dressing: Creamy Avocado Dressing (shown here), Best Balsamic Vinaigrette, Vegan Ranch Dressing, Dijon Mustard Dressing, Italian Dressing, Greek Dressing, Citrus Salad Dressing or Lemon Vinaigrette
- If using, make the Homemade Croutons.
- Wash and chop the romaine. If necessary, wash the mixed greens. (You can use any mix of greens here; measure about 2 cups of greens per serving.)
- Thinly slice the red onion. Thinly slice the green onion.
- Peel and chop the cucumber. Shred the carrot (we used this Handheld Julienne Shredder). Thinly slice and half the radishes.
- Choose and make the dressing (select from the dressing recipes above!).
- Toss together the greens, red onion, green onion, cucumber, carrot, radishes, and pepperoncini. Top with sunflower seeds and croutons, and drizzle with dressing.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: Vegan Salad, Vegan Salad Recipes