This post may include affiliate links; for details, see our disclosure policy.
These incredible vegetable side dishes work with any meal! Each of these vegetable sides are tasty, healthy, and easy to make.
It can be hard to find great vegetable sides. Often side dishes take too long to make, or are full of carbs and cheese. So here we’re sharing our top 40 vegetable side dishes! These are the best ways to prepare vegetables to work in all varieties of meals. Some of these vegetables sides are quick to make: under 10 minutes! Others take a little longer, but are worth it for the incredible flavor. Either way: each method is the very best way to accentuate the flavor of these tasty veggies. Ready to get started?
And now…our top vegetable side dishes to try!
More vegetable sides
Need more vegetable side dishes? We’ve got loads of inspiration from seasonal salads, healthy sides, and more. Make sure to check out these recipes:
- Go for 40 Best Salad Recipes: our best salads…ever!
- Try these Easy Side Dishes or Healthy Side Dishes
- Go seasonal with Summer Salads, Fall Salads or Winter Salads
- Grab 10 Best Sides to Go with Pizza or 10 Best Sides to Go with Chili
- Try Vegan Side Dishes or Mexican Side Dishes
The best vegetable side dish? These sweet potato wedges will have your friends and family singing your praises.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, small to medium sized (size is important!*)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the spices and salt together. (Variation: If you want a crispier sweet potato wedge, add 3 tablespoons cornstarch here.) Wash the sweet potatoes, keeping the skins on. Slice the potatoes into short wedges by doing the following: slice each potato in half crosswise, then in half lengthwise. Place each piece cut side down and slice it in half. Then flip them over and cut that piece down the center into two wedges (see this video, but cut them in half). In a large bowl, mix the potatoes with the olive oil and spices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread the potatoes on the sheet in a single layer. Roast the potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes until tender and starting to become crisped and brown (no need to stir).
*For wedges it’s best to have small to medium sized sweet potatoes. Large potatoes tend to turn out large and awkward shaped (make those into fries instead!).
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegetable Side Dishes, Vegetable Sides