We’ve all heard, “Eat more vegetables.” But how to do it? Here are the best healthy vegetables to get into your diet, and recipes for how to eat them!
We’ve all heard the refrain: Eat more fruits and vegetables! But what does that really look like? And what are the healthiest vegetables to eat? Well, we’ve got answers. Alex and I are cookbook authors of a vegetarian cookbook and our website has over 1,000 recipes for how to make plants taste delicious. But today, we wanted to delve into this question: What are the best vegetables to include in a healthy diet?
After lots of research, we’ve compiled a list of the 20 best vegetables to include in your everyday. The great news? There are so many ways to make them taste delicious. With each vegetable, we’ve included our top recipes for making it taste good. (And you can click the “Get Recipes” button to get even more recipes.) Ready to get started?
Want more ideas? Try our Cruciferous Vegetables Guide
The best vegetables to eat in a healthy diet?
Looking for more resources on how to eat more veggies? Here are a few more of our favorite resources for eating lots of veggies:
- Plant Based Diet for Beginners A resource for eating lots of plant based (vegan) meals.
- Whole Food Plant Based Diet: Guide & Recipes A comprehensive guide for eating whole food plant based (WFPB) meals on the regular
- 28 Day Plant Based Diet Meal Plan Veggie-heavy recipes organized as a meal plan
- Guide to Plant Based Protein All you need to know about plant based protein and why it’s important!
- Healthiest Vegetables Provides more information on nutrients behind these tasty plants!
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.