This cauliflower soup recipe is vegan and full of cozy spices like ginger and turmeric. It’s a healthy soup that’s easy and delicious.
The idea of healthy eating and healthy cooking is fun, right? Cleanses and 30-day stints are all the rage. People buy spiralizers and Instant Pots in droves. Which is great: a giant Y-E-S to healthy eating and cooking! But as A Couple Cooks our message is about more than that. It’s all about hard work and forming new habits. Ready to take healthy to a new level with this cauliflower soup recipe? Keep reading for our recipe, full of cozy Moroccan spices, and some inspiration for sustainable life change.
Related: Best Gluten Free Dinner Recipes
Video: How to make cauliflower soup!
Subscribe to A Couple Cooks TV (YouTube) for our weekly cooking videos!
How to eat healthy in the long run
The idea of healthy eating and healthy cooking is easy: it’s easy to buy new cookbooks and all the latest in cooking fad gear. But what about making a change that sticks? As A Couple Cooks our message is about just that. It’s unsexy, really, because it’s all about hard work and forming new habits. It’s about making healthy cooking a sustainable lifestyle change.
Creating a sustainable practice of healthy cooking might sound aspirational. But we can assure you: it’s very possible, with a bit of grit and creativity! Learning to cook changed Alex and my lives. And changing our habits turned out to be both easier and more difficult than we thought. In the end, we decided it was pretty simple: which is why we wrote a book about it called Pretty Simple Cooking. And, why we create simple soups like this vegan cauliflower soup recipe.
Related: 12 Easy Dutch Oven Recipes
Making healthy and easy soup recipes
That said, let’s talk about souping. “Souping” is a trendy word that’s more meant for health cleanses using soup. But let’s instead use it as a verb meaning to eat soup. Souping is our tried and true method for how to eat healthy in the winter. Why?
- Soup recipes make it easy to eat a load of vegetables. I’m a self-proclaimed veggie lover. If I look in the refrigerator and see a bunch of raw veggies, I’m more likely to make a quesadilla than fix a salad. However, if I see a healthy cauliflower soup with Moroccan spices, I’ll go for that every time. Soups make eating vegetables easy and delicious.
- Soups are cozy and comforting. No explanation needed here. There’s nothing more cozy than a steaming bowl of soup, especially a restorative Moroccan soup. Just add a fuzzy blanket and a candle.
- Soups make for easy meal planning. In the winter months, our meal plans look like this: Soup and bread. Soup and salad. Soup and corn muffins. It works for a weeknight, or for company. It’s also perfect for lunches.
How to make cauliflower soup
How to make our best cauliflower soup recipe? This one is vegan and has no dairy at all to make it creamy: just vegetables and cozy spices! Here’s how to make this cauliflower soup recipe:
- Cut the cauliflower into florets (here’s our trick for doing it!). Throw it together with garlic, olive oil and salt, then roast it until lightly charred in a 450 degree oven.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot saute onion and carrot, then add vegetable broth and Moroccan-style spices: cumin, coriander, ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon.
- Once the cauliflower is done, add it to the pot and blend it into a silky puree using an immersion blender. Or, you can transfer it to a standard blender.
- For the garnish, a bit of the roasted cauliflower, green onion tips and a bit of olive oil.
This vegan soup is pretty simple to put together, full of nutrients, and gluten-free too. It’s also helpful to have an immersion blender for this cauliflower soup recipe: then you can puree the soup right in the pot you cooked it in!
Looking for other vegan soups?
This cauliflower soup recipe is vegan, and this website is full of vegan soup recipes! Here are a few other vegan soups we’d recommend:
- Vegetarian Chili (with vegan cashew cheese)
- Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- Tomato Basil Gnocchi Soup
- Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup with Stars
- Easy Tomato Basil Soup
- Vegan Corn Chowder
- Vegan Tortilla Soup
- Creamy Coconut Curry Pantry Soup
- Tomato Sage Chickpea Soup
- Red Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Soup with White Beans
- Tomato Artichoke Lentil Stew
- Golden Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Related: 10 Romantic Dinner Recipes
And if you like cozy recipes, check out this Vegan Pot Pie with Sage Crust; it will blow your mind!
Best cauliflower soup recipes from around the web
And, here are a few of the best cauliflower soup recipes from around the web:
- Tomato Coconut Cauliflower Curry
- Curried Cauliflower Soup
- Cauliflower Soup with Hazelnuts and Bacon
- 5 ingredient Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with Kale Pesto
- Caramelized Cauliflower Soup
This cauliflower soup recipe is…
Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free plant based, dairy free, naturally sweet, refined sugar free, and Whole 30 friendly.
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this cauliflower soup recipe, we’d love to hear how it turned out. Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram and mention @acouplecooks.
Related: Try using our Homemade Vegetable Broth for this recipe!Print
This cauliflower soup recipe is vegan and full of cozy spices, like ginger and turmeric. It’s a healthy soup that’s easy and delicious.
- 3 pounds whole cauliflower (about 1 ½ medium heads or 8 cups of florets)
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus additional for garnish
- 1 ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 carrot
- 6 to 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Sliced green onion tops, for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets. Peel the garlic, keeping the cloves whole. Place the cauliflower and garlic in a large bowl and stir together with 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat, and place the cauliflower in an even layer on top. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly blackened and very tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, dice the onion. Peel and dice carrot.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the onion and carrot until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add 6 cups vegetable both and the cumin, coriander, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, and black pepper, and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes while the cauliflower roasts.
- When the cauliflower is done, use a spoon to remove about ¾ cup of the smallest florets for the garnish. Then pour the remaining roasted cauliflower and garlic into the broth mixture. Add 1 cup broth, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and ¾ teaspoon kosher salt. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth (or pour into a blender and blend until smooth, taking care that the liquid is very hot).
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved cauliflower, sliced green onions, additional olive oil (if desired), and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Moroccan
Keywords: Healthy Soup, Soup, Vegetarian Soup, Vegan Soup, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Healthy Recipes, Cauliflower Soup, Cauliflower, Moroccan, Moroccan Recipes