Warm weather is all about frozen cocktails! Here are our best frozen alcoholic drinks with something for everyone, from frozen margaritas to daiquiris.
Once the weather gets warm, what’s more fun than whizzing up some frozen alcoholic drinks? Something about frozen cocktails makes any occasion more celebratory and carefree. We love having friends for dinner on the patio with frozen margaritas, or watching our kiddo run through the sprinkler as we sip frozen sangria. We’ve shared strawberry daiquiris with family, or frosty frozen mojitos with friends as the sun sets.
We hope these frozen alcoholic drinks recipes will inspire you to make memories of your own (and drink responsibly, of course!). They’d be perfect drink recipes for 4th of July, bachelorette parties, girls weekends, pool parties, and weekends at the cabin. Are you ready?
A few tips for frozen alcoholic drinks
Before we start, here are a few tips for making these frozen alcoholic drinks:
- Think ahead! For some of these frozen alcoholic drinks, you’ll have to think ahead. Several of the recipes below require freezing things the night before: sometimes the entire drink mix, sometimes just a component of it. Below, we’ve noted with a “Tip” when you need freeze things in advance.
- Use best quality alcohol. It might go without saying, but the better the alcohol, the better the drink! Our frozen margaritas taste good with an average tequila, but they taste great with a high quality tequila. If you’re wondering whether to spend a few more dollars in the alcohol department, we’d recommend it.
Ever had frozen sangria? Frozen sangria is a variation on sangria that’s frozen, like a slushy. This frozen alcoholic drink is sure to be a favorite: it’s wine-forward and just sweet enough, with a hint of citrus. While the method for making it is not traditional Spanish at all, it ends up tasting like sangria and is incredibly festive, perfect for entertaining!
Tip: You'll have to freeze the oranges the night before serving, so make sure to think ahead. Scroll down to the recipe!
When the summer heat is is at sky high levels, here’s a drink that will cool you to your core: the Frozen Mojito! The Classic Mojito is one of our top greatest cocktails of all time. And this frozen spin…well, it made our heads turn! It’s icy and outrageously refreshing: like someone amped up the dial on the mint volume on the original.
Next up in our frozen alcoholic drinks, Frozen Margaritas! Ready for your new favorite drink? The margarita is our favorite; we're suckers for tangy drinks. Who can turn down a frozen margarita? This is our new summer entertaining trick: it's seriously tangy, a little bit sweet, and tastes just like a margarita.
This sweet drink will blow your mind with its creamy, chocolaty flavor: the Bushwacker! It's equal parts refreshing and rich: a mashup of a chocolate milkshake and piña colada. It’s lusciously smooth with notes of chocolate, coffee and vanilla. It’s perfect for sipping poolside or as a dessert drink any time you’re dreaming of sun.
Frozen daiquiris have the perfect warm-weather vibe, and they make anything more fun! Dinner on the patio or girls night are all more enjoyable with one of these frozen alcoholic drinks in hand, right? The flavor of this daiquiri is so tangy and refreshing that it really might be our new favorite; the rum adds a subtle fruitiness that’s irresistible. And it takes just minutes to make.
Need a frozen alcoholic drink that’s refreshing, frosty, and all about tropical flavor? We’ve got one with your name on it: the Bahama Mama! This beachy drink is all about carefree vibes, featuring not one but two types of rum with pineapple juice and lime. Drink it straight on the rocks, or our favorite way: blended into an icy slush. Our spin on it is perfectly balanced: not too sweet and silkily sippable.
Next in our frozen alcoholic drinks, a classic: frozen rose! Or frosé, if you're trendy. If you haven’t tried it yet, frosé is a mashup between a frozen cocktail and that quintessential summer wine. This one is just sweet enough AND tastes like rose wine! This recipe is now a fan favorite and is made and loved by people all over the country and world.
Tip: You'll need to freeze the slushie mix at least 6 hours or overnight.
Homemade piña coladas are the perfect frozen alcoholic drinks for entertaining! They take only a few minutes to blend up and only require 5 ingredients: frozen pineapple, lime juice, coconut milk, rum, and maple syrup. And the flavor? So refreshing. They’re not only for the 1990’s or beach resorts, we promise!
Also try: Frozen Piña Colada
Ever tried to make a strawberry daiquiri at home? This frozen alcoholic drink is one of our very favorites. It tastes approximately 100 times better than the strawberry daiquiri mix from the store! And it has a fun second lime daiquiri layer to the top, which makes it look even more festive. Basically: this is the best strawberry daiquiri recipe and you need to add it to your life: stat.
Looking for a frozen alcoholic drink full of irresistible frosty flavor? Try this Banana Daiquiri ! This spin on the classic daiquiri is one of our favorite frozen drinks for impressing guests because: it’s just that irresistible! It’s got a pure banana flavor complimented by the zingy lime, vanilla and oak notes of aged rum, and a hint of orange liqueur on the finish.
Looking for more easy cocktail recipes?
Of course, there are so many cocktails outside of frozen alcoholic drinks! Here are a few of our favorite cocktail recipes:
- BEST Classic Margarita
- Strawberry Margarita with Lime Ice
- Favorite Whiskey Sour
- Salt Air Margarita
- Simple Lemon Margarita
- Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- Bloody Mary Recipe
- 23 Classic Cocktails
- Cherry Blueberry Champagne Sparklers
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 drinks 1x
One of the best frozen alcoholic drinks? Frozen sangria! It’s sure to be a favorite: it’s wine-forward and just sweet enough, with a hint of citrus.
- 12 ounces (3 large or 4 to 6 small) clementine oranges, frozen (see below*)
- 10 ounces frozen mixed berries
- 2 cups dry red wine (we used Rioja Tempranillo)
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 orange, cut into slices for garnish (optional)
- The night before serving: Peel and section the clementine oranges and pop them in the freezer.
- The day of serving: Blend together the frozen clementine oranges with the berries, red wine, and honey, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Serve in glasses garnished with orange slices. Best served immediately. (If you do have leftovers you can freeze for a few hours, but the texture becomes thicker. We don’t recommend freezing overnight: so plan on making a batch right when you plan to serve it!)
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Frozen Alcoholic Drinks, Frozen Sangria