This easy strawberry daiquiri recipe is the BEST: no need to buy a mix again! It’s made with frozen berries and fresh lime, and tastes incredible.
Ever tried to make a strawberry daiquiri at home? Alex and I are on a kick of making homemade frozen alcoholic drinks. First it was our frozen margaritas (so good), and then our frozen sangria (double good). Now, it’s our homemade frozen daiquiris! Let us tell you: they taste approximately 1,000 times better than a mix from the store. Basically, this is the only strawberry daiquiri recipe you need: and you need to try it stat.
Why make this strawberry daiquiri recipe?
This strawberry daiquiri has pure berry flavor. One taste, and you’ll be singing its praises! It’s just sweet enough, with just the right back-end flavor of rum. If ever there was a perfect drink for sipping on the patio, this is it. Here’s what makes it special:
- The flavor is pure, using real berries! Who knows what’s in the store-bought mix. This daiquiri is made of real frozen berries and lime, giving it lush flavor.
- It’s naturally sweet. This strawberry daiquiri recipe uses maple syrup as a natural sweetener. It gently sweetens the mixture without making it taste like maple, and it adds flavor nuance. (It’s Alex and my sweetener of choice when it comes to cocktails.)
- The lime layer is festive and adds flavor! This one’s optional. But if you have time, add the lime daiquiri layer on top. It looks beautiful as a garnish, and as it melts it adds extra tangy flavor!
How to make a strawberry daiquiri
This strawberry daiquiri had its trial run one evening when our nephews visited for an epic cousin sleepover. We had ice cream, homemade pizza (with easy pizza sauce and best pizza dough), and movie night with popcorn. Of course by the end of the night, the adults were exhausted! So once all the littles were in bed, we pulled out the blender to make homemade daiquiris. Man, were they good! Literally the perfect recipe for tired parents reclaiming the evening. Here’s how to make the best strawberry daiquiri recipe:
- Make the lime layer: In a blender, blend ice, lime juice, maple syrup, and rum. Place it in the freezer while you make the strawberry layer.
- Make the strawberry layer: In the same blender, blend frozen strawberries, lime juice, maple syrup, and rum.
- Serve: Place the strawberry layer in a glass, then top with the lime layer. Serve garnished with a lime slice!
Tips for making a frozen daiquiri
A few things to keep in mind when you’re making this strawberry daiquiri recipe:
- Use best quality rum. The better the quality of rum, the tastier the drink.
- Use best quality frozen strawberries. We tried this with a few different types of frozen berries: it was much better with the best quality brand.
- Freeze or chill your rum (optional). When we made this strawberry daiquiri recipe for the photographs here, we chilled our rum in a cocktail shaker to get it really cold. You also can throw the rum in the freezer the night before to keep the drink very cold.
That’s it! Let us know if you try out this strawberry daiquiri recipe: and if it helps for exhausted parent evenings like ours! Or a bridal shower. Or a baby shower. Or a girl’s night out. Or a cookout. Or a pool party. Or…really anytime!
Did you know a classic daiquiri isn’t frozen?
The strawberry daiquiri and frozen lime daiquiri are variations on the Classic Daiquiri: which is not frozen at all! It’s one the most classic sour cocktails there is: it was in invented in the early 1900’s! It’s made simply with rum, lime and sugar and served in a cocktail glass.
The frozen daiquiris that are popular today came along later! Make sure to try our Classic Daiquiri: it’s easy to make and perfectly balanced. Another spin? The sophisticated Hemingway Daiquiri, which features grapefruit juice and Maraschino liqueur.
When to serve a strawberry daiquiri
The strawberry daiquiri cocktail is sweet and fruity, great for summer occasions. It’s perfect for sipping as a:
- Summer drink
- Dinner party drink
- Poolside or lake house drink
- Cocktail night drink
This strawberry daiquiri recipe is…
Vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, naturally sweet, and refined sugar free.Print
This easy strawberry daiquiri recipe is the BEST: no need to buy a mix again! Top with a lime daiquiri layer to take it over the top.
For the lime daiquiri layer (optional)
- 1/4 cup best quality white or light rum*
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
For the strawberry daiquiri layer
- 12 ounces (2 cups) frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup best quality white or light rum
- 1 cup ice
- For the garnish: lime wheels, to serve
- For the lime daiquiri layer (optional): In a blender, add the rum, lime juice, maple syrup, and ice. Blend until smooth. Remove to a bowl and place it in the freezer while you make the strawberry layer.
- For the strawberry daiquiri layer: Wash out the blender. Add the frozen strawberries, maple syrup, lime juice, rum and ice to the blender, and blend until smooth. Pour into 4 glasses. Top with the lime daiquiri layer, divided evenly between the glasses. Add lime wheels and serve.
*If you’d like for the daiquiri to stay frozen as long as possible, you could freeze the rum the night before, or chill it in a drink shaker right before making the drink. However, this step is not required!
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe, Daiquiri Recipe, Frozen Drinks, Frozen Alcoholic Drinks, Daiquiri
Looking for more easy cocktail recipes?
Outside of this strawberry daiquiri recipe, here are a few of our favorite cocktail recipes:
- BEST Classic Margarita
- Favorite Whiskey Sour
- Apple Cider Sangria
- Best Frose Recipe (Frozen Rosé)
- Salt Air Margarita
- Lemonade Slushie
- Strawberry Margarita with Lime Ice
- 23 Classic Cocktails
- Must Try Frozen Alcoholic Drinks
- Blackberry Margarita
- Gin Fizz Cocktail
- Watermelon Drink Ideas
- Best Moscow Mule Recipe
- Best Piña Coladas
- Basil Gimlet Recipe (or Classic Gin Gimlet)
- 4 Must-Try Gin Cocktails
- Blackberry Bourbon Smash (or Maple Bourbon Smash)
- Whiskey Smash Recipe
- Berry Vodka Smash
Last Updated: January 2020
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.