This summer salad recipe is the best way to enjoy the season! Pair burrata or fresh mozzarella with summer fruit and fresh tomatoes.
- 1 to 2 4-ounce balls burrata cheese or fresh mozzarella cheese
Summer fruit: heirloom tomatoes, ripe peaches, watermelon, cantaloupe or honeydew, berries, etc (we used 2 peaches and 1 handful cherry tomatoes)
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves and thyme sprigs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chunky sea salt
- Place 1 ball of cheese on the plate.
- Surround it with the summer fruit (sliced tomatoes or peaches, or berries).
- Top with torn basil leaves and other herbs. If desired, add torn pieces of another ball of cheese to add texture and visual appeal.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with chunky sea salt. Serve immediately.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Fresh
- Cuisine: Summer
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Summer recipes