Here are all the best zucchini recipes for the season! There’s something for everyone, from simple side dishes to bread, muffins and cake.
Got zucchini to use up? We’ve got your back! Here are all the very best zucchini recipes to make! These work in any season, whether you’ve got a boatload of this summer veggie or just bought some at the store. There are so many ways to enjoy this mighty green veggie.
Zucchini works with both savory and sweet flavors, so there’s a little something for everyone here. Start with mind blowing sauteed zucchini full of Italian flavor. Then bake up a batch of the best zucchini bread and muffins. And don’t forget chocolate zucchini cake! This veggie makes an unforgettably rich and moist cake everyone will be talking about.
And now…the best zucchini recipes to try!
Here’s how to make the BEST sauteed zucchini that will have everyone talking! Just 10 minutes in a hot pan makes this green vegetable truly irresistible.
- 1 3/4 pounds zucchini (2 medium large or 3 to 4 small)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Finely chopped fresh basil, if desired (optional)
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In your largest skillet, heat the olive oil or butter over medium high heat. Add the zucchini slices, then stir in the garlic powder, oregano, and salt, flipping and stirring to get all the slices covered.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 1 minute, then uncover and stir. Cover again for 1 minute and uncover and stir, moving slices to the bottom layer as necessary so that they can get browned.
- Keep the pan uncovered and cook about 6 to 8 more minutes until most of the zucchini are tender and browned, continuing to flip the zucchini and move them to the bottom layer so they cook evenly.
- Serve immediately, topped with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil if desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Sauteed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Zucchini Recipes, Easy Zucchini Recipes, Healthy Zucchini Recipes
More summer vegetables
Zucchini is a quintessential summer vegetable that’s everything summer! Here are a few more tasty recipes that are perfect for highlighting summer veggies:
- Classic Corn Salad A refreshing way to enjoy sweet corn season!
- Caprese Salad THE best way to enjoy summer tomatoes: with fresh basil and mozzarella cheese.
- Black Eyed Pea Salad Throw a peach into this tasty vegan salad with bell peppers and fresh cilantro.
- Broccoli Salad or Broccoli Slaw Those classic summer salads: re-done with a healthy twist.
- Fresh Tomato Salad Marinade tomatoes with balsamic vinegar for the biggest, best flavor.
- Pesto Pasta with Tomatoes Fresh basil pesto, combined with pasta and tomatoes.
- Watermelon Salad with Cucumber The best way to enjoy this sweet summer fruit and cool veggie.
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.