Here’s how to make lemonade…at home! Start with our basic homemade lemonade recipe, try all the variations (pink, sparkling, and more).
Sure, you can buy a jug of lemonade or a can of concentrate. But here’s a secret. The absolute best ever lemonade is homemade…using real lemons! It’s easy to whip up and the flavor is unreal. Each sip is a burst of pure, sweet tart sunny citrus.
Here’s our best lemonade recipe: quick and easy to whip up a pitcher! Then we’ve got the top lemonade recipe variations: pink lemonade, sparkling, raspberry, and more. (Oh, and some spiked variations…because we couldn’t resist!)
And now…the best lemonade recipes!
Best citrus juicer for lemonade
The only hard part about making lemonade? Juicing those lemons! Promise us: don’t use your hands for this one. (You’ll end up with a hand cramp!) A citrus juicer is where it’s at. Here are our top recommendations when it comes to equipment:
- Press citrus juicer: best choice! This type is efficient and gets out even more juice than other types. Here’s the press juicer we recommend. It’s held up the best of any method, even after making 300+ cocktails.
- Handheld citrus juicer. The next best juicer? The type with a ridged top (similar to this).
Here’s how to make the best lemonade recipe you’ll taste from real lemons! Using real citrus gives the best flavor. See above for variations like pink lemonade, sparkling, and more!
- 1 ½ cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (7 to 8 large lemons)*
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 7 cups water, divided
- Fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
- Juice the lemons.
- Add the sugar and 1 cup warm water to a large pitcher and stir until it is dissolved.
- Add 6 cups cold water and lemon juice. Add ice and serve.
*To make it by the glass: Squeeze 3 tablespoons lemon juice into a glass (1 large lemon, or two small). Add 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons warm water and stir until it dissolves. Add 1 cup cold water and a handful of ice.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Squeezed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemonade recipe