Here are the best spritz recipes to try! Liquor, soda and sparkling wine make these bubbly drinks, from the classic Aperol spritz to more unique spins.
The most refreshing cocktails on the planet? Meet the Spritz family! A spritz is a cocktail that’s a blend of sparkling wine (usually Prosecco), bitter liqueur, and soda water. The most famous spritz of all is the popular Aperol spritz, a classic cocktail on the list of IBA official cocktails. But there are many ways to make this bubbly drink by varying the liquor! Spritzes are perfect for summer, but you can drink them in any season. Bubbly and refreshing never goes out of style.
Here are our top 5 must-try spritz recipes. Start with the classic with Aperol, then branch out to bitter Campari, fruity St Germain and cool, crisp Lillet Blanc. There’s something for everyone!
And now…the best spritz recipes to try!
What’s the spritz ratio?
The classic spritz ratio is present in all of the recipes above. The basic idea is to use the following quantities of each ingredient:
- 3 parts sparkling wine (Prosecco or champagne)
- 2 parts liqueur
- 1 part soda water
Once you’ve memorized this ratio, you can use it to make endless variations. You can do them with any type of liqueur: feel free to get creative! Let us know what you try in the comments below.Print
The classic Aperol spritz is worth the hype! It’s light and bubbly, with hints of citrus and herbs: one of the most refreshing mixed drinks of all time.
- Add the Aperol to a glass filled with ice and stir. Top with the sparkling wine and soda water.
- Squeeze in the orange wedge and stir gently, then serve. Serve with a straw to minimize dilution!
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
More summer drinks
Spritzes are bubbly and light, perfect for lazy afternoons, pool parties, or dinner parties on the patio. They work in any season, of course…but they’re especially fitting for summer. Here are some more easy breezy summer drinks:
- Sangria: Try all our fruity and refreshing sangria recipes, from red to white to rose.
- Wine spritzers: Wine spritzers mix soda water with wine! Try the white wine spritzer, red wine spritzer, and rose spritzer.
- Frozen alcoholic drinks: Try the Best Frose (Frozen Rosé), Piña Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri, Frozen Sangria, or Frozen Margaritas.
- Classic cocktails: Try the Classic Mojito, Vodka Tonic, Sea Breeze Cocktail, Americano, Salty Dog Cocktail or Basil Gimlet.
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.