There’s an easy sangria recipe for every occasion! Here are the top variations for every season, from fruity and bold to bubbly and light.
What’s better than a big cold pitcher of sangria on a summer afternoon? (Answer: Not much.) And here’s the thing: there’s an easy sangria recipe for every occasion! You mix up a batch of classic red sangria, bold and fruity. But there’s also white sangria made with white white, and even pale pink rosé sangria. There’s sangria especially for fall, and frozen sangria for those unbearably hot days. Yes, there’s something for everyone in this list…and trust us: you’re going to want to make each one.
And now…our top easy sangria recipes!
How to make sangria (basic steps)
Here’s the Spanish way to make sangria! The basic steps for how to make each of our easy sangria recipes follow this basic outline:
- Macerate fruit for 20 minutes: Mix the sangria fruit with sugar and let it macerate or stand at room temperature and break down. This helps the fruit flavors permeate the wine even more.
- Add liquids: Add the wine and brandy. Throw in some lemon slices.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours. This allows the flavors to meld and develop.
Best wine for sangria
If you’re making our easy sangria recipe, you’ll need a bottle of dry red wine. Any dry red will do, of course! Some of the best varietals for red wine sangria are:
- Rioja Tempranillo
- Garnacha (Grenache grown in Spain)
- Pinot Noir
If you choose a white sangria instead, consider bringing in a Spanish vibe with a Spanish white wine, if you can find it. But you can use your favorite variety. Some of the best wines for white sangria are:
- Albariño (Spanish white wine)
- Dry Reisling
- Pino grigio
- Sauvignon Blanc
Here’s how to make the best red wine sangria…the Spanish way! Just a handful of ingredients and fruit make a bold and refreshing drink.
- 1 orange
- 1 green apple
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle dry red wine, chilled
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Sparkling water, for serving (optional)
- Chop the orange (leaving the peel on) and apple into bite-sized chunks, then add them to the bottom of a pitcher. Sprinkle them with sugar and stir. Let them stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- After 20 minutes, pour in the red wine, brandy, orange liqueur, and lemon rounds. Stir and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours. (Don’t go beyond 4 hours or the fruit texture starts to degrade.)
- Pour the sangria into ice filled glasses and top with a splash of sparkling water (if desired). Add fruit to each glass, preferable on long skewers for easy snacking.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Easy Sangria Recipe
More summer drinks
This easy sangria recipe is perfect for summer…as are all of these tasty summer cocktails! Try some of these to beat the heat:
- Red Wine Spritzer Don’t have time for sangria? Make a red wine spritzer instead!
- Rosé Spritzer Add bubbles to your favorite rosé wine to make the perfect summer drink.
- Aperol Spritz The classic Aperol spritz is worth the hype! It’s light and bubbly, with hints of citrus and herbs.
- Classic Mojito Perfectly balanced with lime, rum and fresh mint! This iconic Cuban cocktail is just sweet enough.
- Best Frose (Frozen Rosé) Tastes just like rosé wine! It’s all natural, featuring wine and strawberries.