Here’s how to make the best red wine sangria…the Spanish way! Just a handful of ingredients and fruit make a bold and refreshing drink.
- 1 orange
- 1 green apple
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle dry red wine, chilled
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Sparkling water, for serving (optional)
- Chop the orange (leaving the peel on) and apple into bite-sized chunks, then add them to the bottom of a pitcher. Sprinkle them with sugar and stir. Let them stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- After 20 minutes, pour in the red wine, brandy, orange liqueur, and lemon rounds. Stir and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours. (Don’t go beyond 4 hours or the fruit texture starts to degrade.)
- Pour the sangria into ice filled glasses and top with a splash of sparkling water (if desired). Add fruit to each glass, preferable on long skewers for easy snacking.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Easy Sangria Recipe