Here are all the best Licor 43 cocktails to make with this tasty Spanish vanilla liqueur! Grab a bottle to mix up these fantastic drinks.
Got a bottle of Licor 43 and not sure how to use it? You’ve come to the right place. Licor 43 is a bright yellow Spanish liqueur made with a secret blend of 43 herbs and spices. Take one sip, and you’ll raise your eyebrows in appreciation for the notes of vanilla, cinnamon and orange peel. Licor 43 best known for its use in the carajillo, a Mexican spiked coffee drink. But there are so many more ways to use it! How do you serve Licor 43?
- Drink it straight as a shot, or on ice.
- Mix it into coffee.
- Mix with cola, ginger ale, or ginger beer.
- Add it into Licor 43 cocktails. (See below!)
- Use it when “vanilla liqueur” is specified in a drink recipe.
Ready for the drink recipes? Here are all our best Licor 43 cocktails to show the versatility of this Spanish liqueur.
And now…the best Licor 43 cocktails!
The Key Lime Martini is a stunning cocktail that tastes just like key lime pie…but even better! Licor 43 is the secret ingredient that makes it stellar.
- 2 ounces Licor 43*
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce key lime juice (bottled)**
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- Graham crackers, crushed for the rim
- For the garnish: Lime wheel
- Wet the rim of the cocktail glass. Place finely crushed graham crackers on a plate, and tilt the outside rim of the glass into the mixture so that it coats the outer rim.
- Place the Licor 43, vodka, key lime juice, and heavy cream in a cocktail shaker with 2 handfuls ice. Shake 15 seconds until cold.
- Strain the drink into the prepared glass. Garnish with a lime wheel and serve.
*For converting to tablespoons, 1 ounce = 2 tablespoons.
**Licor 43 is a Spanish vanilla liqueur you can find at most liquor stores and even grocery stores. Key lime juice is sold bottled and available in most grocery stores.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Licor 43 cocktails
More cocktail recipes
There are so many drinks to try outside of these Licor 43 cocktails! Here are 300+ cocktail recipes for every occasion:
- Classics: Try Classic Cocktails or Great Cocktail Recipes.
- Easy: These 10 Easy Mixed Drinks and Cheap Drinks have just 2 to 3 ingredients.
- Fancy: Opt for the best in Craft Cocktails.
- The Big 5: Try all our cocktails with Gin, Vodka, Whiskey, Tequila or Rum.
- Fruity Drinks: Try drinks with Cranberry, Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit or Orange Juice
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.