Here are all the top orange juice cocktails that highlight this beautiful citrus fruit! Try everything from a mimosa to a tequila sunrise.
Love the bright and beautiful citrus flavor of an orange! Turns out OJ is a top notch mixer for cocktails. It can stand in with almost any liquor, though it’s best known for pairing with vodka. But mix it with champagne to make a mimosa, or tequila to make a tequila sunrise or spin on the margarita! There are lots of other famous orange and liquor pairings that we’ll let you discover below. You can even use blood orange juice, bright pink in color and even sweeter than the juice from a standard orange.
Here are all the best orange juice cocktails to try! There are drinks for morning, evening, and everywhere in between. For all of them, keep in mind that freshly squeezed orange juice makes drinks with the best flavor. No cutting corners here!
And now…the best orange juice cocktails to try!
Here’s how to make a tequila sunrise! This vibrant orange juice cocktail layers the colors of a summer sunrise using tequila, orange and grenadine.
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Pour in the tequila and orange juice and stir.
- Pour the grenadine into center of the drink and it will sink to the bottom. Stir gently for sunrise gradient effect.
- Garnish with an orange slice and cocktail cherry.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Orange juice cocktails, tequila sunrise
More cocktail recipes
Outside of these orange juice cocktails, here are so many great cocktail recipes to try! Here are some of our best drink collections:
- Vodka Cocktails Try the greats like the Gimlet and Mule.
- Gin Cocktails All the classics: Gin Fizz, Tom Collins, Gin & Tonic, etc.
- Bourbon Cocktails Try these bourbon greats, like the Old Fashioned and Manhattan.
- Amaretto Cocktails From the Amaretto Sour to the Italian margarita.
- Vermouth Cocktails All the best drinks using dry or sweet vermouth.
- Sour Cocktails All the very best sours: Whiskey Sour, Sidecar, Mojito and more.
- Cointreau Cocktails All the great drinks using this orange liqueur.
- Mezcal Cocktails This smoky liquor gives a unique spin to classic drinks, like the Margarita.
- Scotch Cocktails Unique mixed drinks using this Scottish whisky.
- Campari Cocktails Brilliant red cocktails starring this bitter liqueur.
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.