Here are all the best ginger beer cocktails to try! This fizzy, spicy soda accents everything from the classic Moscow mule to a bubbly Pimm’s Cup.
Ginger beer is bubbly with a hint of spice on the finish: the perfect mixer for cocktails! You can use it in all mixed drinks of all kinds to add a fizzy flair…and even mocktails! What is ginger beer, exactly? It’s not actual beer, of course. Ginger beer is a carbonated non-alcoholic beverage that’s made with sugar and ginger. It’s similar to ginger ale, but the ginger flavor is much stronger and more pronounced. Taste them back to back, and ginger beer always wins for adding big ginger flavor.
Here are all the top ginger beer cocktails to make with this tasty mixer! Of course, the Moscow mule is the number 1 drink to make with ginger beer. But it’s got lots of fun variations (see below). And it doesn’t stop there: the fruity Pimm’s Cup, the whiskey highball…and even the most famous mocktail of them all.
And now…the top ginger beer cocktails to try!
Top brands of ginger beer
These days, there are many types of ginger beer brands on the market. Here are a few notes on the top ginger beer brands to try:
- Q Ginger Beer: This is our top choice! It has great flavor and is made with real ginger. It comes in small cans so you don’t have to open a large bottle.
- Fever Tree Ginger Beer: Fever Tree also has great flavor and is our backup! It’s made with real ginger and has no artificial sweeteners.
- More Ginger Beer Brands: Here’s a list of more top brands.
The best ginger beer cocktail? The bold and fizzy Moscow mule! Mix lime, ginger beer and vodka in an ice cold copper mug.
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) vodka
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) ginger beer
- For the garnish: lime wheel or wedge, fresh mint (if desired)
- In a copper mug or glass, pour in the vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer.
- Add ice and garnish with a lime slice. Serve immediately.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Ginger beer cocktails, Moscow mule
More cocktail recipes
Outside of these ginger beer cocktails, there are so many great cocktail recipes to try! Pick from some of the following:
- Vodka Cocktails Try the greats like the Gimlet and Mule.
- Gin Cocktails All the classics: Gin Fizz, Tom Collins, Gin & Tonic, etc.
- Orange Juice Cocktails OJ is a great mixer!
- Bourbon Cocktails Try these bourbon greats, like the Old Fashioned and Manhattan.
- Amaretto Cocktails From the Amaretto Sour to the Italian margarita.
- Vermouth Cocktails All the best drinks using dry or sweet vermouth.
- Sour Cocktails All the very best sours: Whiskey Sour, Sidecar, Mojito and more.
- Cointreau Cocktails All the great drinks using this orange liqueur.
- Scotch Cocktails Unique mixed drinks using this Scottish whisky.
- Campari Cocktails Brilliant red cocktails starring this bitter liqueur.
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.