This coconut margarita recipe is the cocktail you didn’t know you were missing! It’s zingy and creamy, pairing lime and tequila with coconut.
- Sweetened shredded coconut, for the rim
- 2 ounces tequila blanco
- 1/2 ounce triple sec (or Cointreau)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce cream of coconut (not coconut cream)
- Ice, for serving (try clear ice)
- Toast the coconut. Remove it from the heat and place it in a single layer on a plate.
- Add a bit of extra cream of coconut to a separate plate and dip the edge of the rim of the glass into it. Then dip the rim into the plate of toasted coconut.
- Place the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and cream of coconut in a cocktail shaker and add one handful ice. Shake until cold. Strain the margarita into the glass with the coconut rim. Fill the glass with ice and serve.
- For a pitcher: add 2 cups tequila, 1/2 cup triple sec, 1/2 cup lime juice, and 1 cup cream of coconut to a pitcher. Add 3 handfuls ice and stir.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Coconut cocktails, Coconut cream for drinks, Coconut cream for cocktails