Want a signature drink that’s non alcoholic, too? This virgin piña colada recipe is a perfect mocktail for parties and entertaining!
A few days ago, Alex and I hosted a taco party on the patio. Shrimp tacos? Check. Mexican grilled corn? Check. But signature drink? We were cooking for my pregnant friend and our two-year-old, Larson. A few days before, we’d made a tasty piña colada recipe and still had some ingredients left over. So why not try a virgin version of a piña colada, we thought? OK, it’s basically a pineapple coconut smoothie, but why not? We whipped it up and it was absolutely perfect. Oh: and the drink umbrella is required.
Ingredients for this virgin piña colada recipe
A virgin piña colada is really just a fancy name for a pineapple smoothie…but giving it a mocktail moniker makes it all the more fun! It comes out frosty and tropical, with a hint of fruity coconut and just sweet enough. For the sweetener we used maple syrup, and you can add a splash extra if desired. Our cocktail recipe also uses lime juice, but we went minimalist for the non alcoholic piña colada version.
Here are the ingredients in a virgin piña colada recipe:
- Frozen pineapple
- Coconut milk
- Maple syrup
Throw these in a blender, and you’ve got a tasty signature drink in no time. Except you need one last required item…drink umbrellas!
Where do I buy drink umbrellas?
These days, you can have an urgent need for drink umbrellas and have it delivered within hours. Making these virgin piña coladas and need drink umbrella stat? Get them: Drink umbrellas on Amazon.
Why not be ready for a party at any moment? This pack will work for you and 143 of your closest friends. They’re also available at party stores!
When to serve virgin piña coladas
Virgin piña coladas are perfect for occasions where you need a signature drink, but partiers aren’t drinking alcohol. We have an alcoholic version of piña coladas (coming soon), but this non alcoholic version if great for:
- Baby showers! So the mama doesn’t feel left out
- Dinner parties! So the kids don’t feel left out
- Pool parties! Where you don’t want to mix alcohol and water!
More mocktail recipes
Need more zero-proof cocktails? Try these tasty mocktail recipes:
- Virgin Margarita Tastes just as good as the real thing!
- Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri Fruity and frosty!
- Lime Rickey, Cherry Rickey, or Raspberry Rickey Bubbly, delicious and easy to whip up.
- Virgin Mojito Mocktail Minty and refreshing: just as good as the original.
- Virgin Bloody Mary Spicy, salty, savory and tangy: perfect for brunch!
- Shirley Temple The original mocktail! Skip the soda and go for ginger ale and grenadine.
This virgin piña colada recipe is…
Vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, refined sugar free, and naturally sweet.Print
Want a signature drink that’s non alcoholic, too? This virgin piña colada recipe is a perfect mocktail for entertaining.
- 1 pound / 3 heaping cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 15-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Drink umbrellas, for serving
- Blend all ingredients together. Taste and adjust the sweetness as desired.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with a drink umbrella (required!).
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Frozen
Keywords: Virgin Piña Colada Recipe, Non Alcoholic Piña Colada