This baked salmon and asparagus recipe is the definition of easy healthy dinner! Throw it all on a sheet pan with lemon, and the flavor is unreal.
- 1 pound thin asparagus*
- 1 pound salmon, wild caught if possible
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Minced fresh herbs (like chives, mint or thyme), for garnish
- Allow the salmon to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Trim the asparagus. Place it on the baking sheet and toss it with 2 tablespoon olive oil (this also oils the foil). Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Pat the salmon dry and place it on the foil. Drizzle it with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Sprinkle the salmon with ½ teaspoon kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place asparagus around the salmon. Slice the lemon into wheels and place them on top of the asparagus (but not the salmon). Squeeze juice from the two ends of the lemon onto the tray. Then add the chopped fresh herbs on top of everything.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes until the asparagus is tender at the thickest part, and the salmon is just tender and pink at the center (the internal temperature should be between 125 to 130F in the center for done, or 10 degrees less if you’re broiling). If the salmon is done before the asparagus (the asparagus is thick), remove it from the tray and continue cooking just the asparagus until tender.
*Thin asparagus is best, so try to find the thinnest you can when shopping. If all you can find is thicker asparagus, you may need a little longer to roast (up to 15 minutes). Just remove the salmon from the tray if it’s already done and finish the asparagus by itself.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Healthy dinner ideas, Easy healthy dinner ideas