Liven up your meal plan with these Mediterranean recipes: they’re fresh and bright, full of vegetables, grains and olive oil!
Looking to liven up your meal planning? Look no further than these fresh, bright Mediterranean recipes! The Mediterranean diet has been called one the healthiest in the world: it’s a way of eating that derives from the countries that border the sea with the same name. The recipes you’ll see below are both traditional recipes from those countries (Italy, France, Spain, Greece, Lebanon, and more), and non-traditional recipes inspired by ingredients of those regions. They’re all tasty ways to eat vegetables, whole grains, seafood, and healthy oils. Ready to get started?
And now…our top Mediterranean recipes!
This French main dish salad is legendary: for good reason! Nicoise salad is protein-packed and makes a stunning lunch or dinner, starring tuna, French potato salad, green beans and hard boiled eggs.
This spin on classic falafel is easy to make and bursting with Mediterranean flavor! Smother in cucumber or dill sauce for an epic plant-based dinner.
This traditional ratatouille recipe is made the classic French way! Sop up these stewed late summer veggies with bread or serve as a side.
Looking for fresh and healthy dinner ideas? Try this Mediterranean Bowl, bursting with colorful veggies! It’s a simple “meal in a bowl” that stars spiced roasted vegetables, seasoned with an irresistible mix of cumin, coriander, garlic and a hint of cinnamon. Add to that quinoa or couscous, fresh cucumber and tomato, and top it all off with a creamy lemon tahini sauce.
Here’s how to make a paella recipe…the Spanish way! This stunning one pan dinner features shrimp, vegetables and all the authentic flavors of this traditional dish.
Also try: Easy Vegetarian Paella
This Mediterranean recipe takes everything that’s good about this protein-packed legume and makes it sing. The flavor pops with tangy and savory notes: tender lentils coated in zippy white wine vinegar Dijon dressing, with crunchy cucumber and salty feta. It stays flavorful in the fridge for days, making leftovers even better.
Quinoa tabbouleh is always a hit, starring lemon and fresh herbs! This spin on the classic Greek and Lebanese salad is an easy healthy side dish.
Seared scallops are a classic Mediterranean recipe from the coast! Here’s the trick to how to cook pan seared scallops and get that perfect brown crust! Follow these simple tips for a fast and easy dinner.
This classic gazpacho recipe is a vibrant red-orange and full of traditional Spanish flavor! It’s quick to blend up this tangy soup.
Here’s an irresistible Mediterranean recipe: Baked Falafel Salad! Make a batch of this easy baked falafel, then layer them with crunchy veggies and top with a creamy, zingy tahini dressing.
This salmon with capers is cooked Mediterranean style: baked until it’s perfectly tender, then topped with a delicious garlic caper sauce. An easy healthy dinner recipe!
This homemade tzatziki recipe, the traditional Greek cucumber sauce, features fresh dill, creamy Greek yogurt, and garlic. Perfect for dipping!
Here’s a fun way to turn everyday rice into a Mediterranean side dish: Spinach Rice! Take plain old white rice and cook up a pot with spinach and garlic, then flavor it with a pop of lemon and sprinkle of feta cheese. It’s an elegant Mediterranean-style side dish that you can serve for guests or just use to spice up weeknights. The savory, fresh flavors are unreal!
This easy homemade hummus has the best zesty flavor and creamy texture: and it’s much cheaper and tastier than store bought!
There’s nothing fresher than a fantastic Caprese salad! Pair perfectly ripe, juicy tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and peppery basil.
Here’s a recipe with a wow factor: this Baked Tilapia with Tomatoes & Feta! The tender, flaky fish is covered in a lemon garlic sauce, cozied up with burst cherry tomatoes, Mediterranean seasonings and gooey bits of feta cheese.
A hummus bowl makes as fast and easy Mediterranean lunch or dinner: no cooking required! Layer a dollop with crunchy veggie toppings and eat with pita wedges.
This baba ganoush recipe is so creamy and delicious! A classic Lebanese eggplant dip, it’s perfect for appetizer spreads or healthy snacking.
This authentic Mediterranean salad is packed with fresh tomatoes, crisp cucumber, salty feta cheese, and briny olives: just like they make it in Greece!
This classic Italian pasta puttanesca recipe features garlic, capers and olives in the sauce to give it a tangy burst of flavor.
Tortellini salad is an American invention that's full of Mediterranean ingredients like pasta, artichoke hearts, Parmesan and basil. Leftovers last for days, and it's a great easy lunch idea or dinnertime side.
This fast lemon dill salmon takes just 10 minutes to bake! Mix up the zesty dill sauce while the salmon cooks. It’s the ultimate healthy, easy weeknight Mediterranean recipe.
Caponata is an Italian appetizer that’s bursting with flavor! Eggplant and Mediterranean vegetables make a tangy, garlicky spread that’s perfect over crusty bread.
This baked shrimp recipe is incredibly flavorful and easy to make; the shrimp is baked in Mediterranean tomato sauce and sprinkled with feta and parsley.
This herby orzo salad is a crowd favorite and full of Mediterranean flavors, bursting with fresh dill and mint, feta cheese, and tangy lemon.
This Mediterranean couscous bowls recipe is a fast weeknight dinner inspired by the fresh flavors of this region! It features quick-cooking couscous with chickpeas and a creamy tahini sauce.
You’ll want to make this mushroom risotto recipe again and again! A classic Italian recipe, it's irresistibly creamy, flavored with wine and Parmesan cheese.
Ready in just 30 minutes, this Italian-style soup with white beans has a rich savory flavor thanks to smoked paprika and fennel.
This baked Eggplant Parmesan is truly incredible: coated in a crispy crust that’s magically gluten free. It's an irresistible spin on the Italian classic.
This Mediterranean pizza is a serious crowd pleaser, starring mozzarella and feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, and fresh basil.
Bright green basil pesto is a natural fit with baked fish! This pesto salmon is an easy Mediterranean-style weeknight meal that also works to impress guests.
This iconic Italian pasta and chickpea soup, pasta e ceci, is as easy as it is delicious! This flavor-filled stew makes a cozy vegetarian lunch or dinner.
These crispy Greek fries are the ultimate side dish! They’re showered with Mediterranean-style toppings: feta cheese, onion and herbs.
Baked feta with tomatoes is a simple Greek-inspired appetizer that’s ready in under 25 minutes. Serve with bread or enjoy as is!
This simple red lentil soup recipe is bursting with flavor! It’s hearty and cozy, flavored with aromatic vegetables and lemon.
An adaptation of Julia Child’s classic recipe, this French potato salad is a favorite! It features zingy red potatoes, capers, and parsley.
This ribollita recipe is a hearty Tuscan vegetable stew, loaded with veggies and thickened with bread. A flavor-packed Mediterranen dinner idea!
Mussels marinara is a classic Italian dish that looks way fancier than the effort involved! It’s easy, affordable, and tastes incredible.
Here’s how to make a classic risotto recipe: creamy and savory, flavored with Parmesan and a splash of white wine.
This pesto gnocchi recipe comes out irresistibly creamy in 10 minutes! Use this trick for a tasty and easy side dish in a flash.
This shakshuka with feta is full of Mediterranean flavor! A classic dish of eggs poached in a savory tomato sauce, it works for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Burrata pasta is simplicity at its finest! Pair this rich cheese with a hearty tomato basil sauce for an easy dinner that’s truly sublime.
There's nothing more Mediterranean than a great falafel recipe! These chickpea fritters make the ultimate vegetarian sandwich: and this recipe tastes just like a restaurant.
This cozy Italian lentil soup is so tasty, you’ll immediately want seconds! It’s healthy, easy, and full of bold flavor.
Let's end on a sweet note! Here's an easy baklava recipe to get that signature flavor without too much effort: baklava bites! They’re easy to whip up using purchased phyllo dough.
45 Easy Mediterranean Recipes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Nicoise salad is a French main dish that’s hearty and satisfying! This colorful Mediterranean recipe is ideal for anytime.
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 small shallot (2 tablespoons minced)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup Nicoise or Kalamata olives
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 large tomato
- 2 cans tuna, packed in oil or water
- 1 head Bibb lettuce (aka butter lettuce)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Cook the hard boiled eggs: Follow the instructions to make the Hard Boiled Eggs or Steamed Hard Boiled Eggs, or complete this step in advance and refrigerate.
- Boil the potatoes and beans: Fill a large pot with cold water and add 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Add the whole potatoes and bring to a boil. Once boiling, boil for 8 to 12 minutes until fork tender.
- Blanch the beans: Cut the ends off the beans. Bring a separate pot of water to a boil with ½ tablespoon salt. Boil the beans for about 5 minutes until tender but still bright green. Prepare a large bowl of ice water (or use the same one as for the hard boiled eggs). Right when the beans are tender, remove them from the boiling water with tongs and transfer them to the ice bath. Remove the beans and dry them with a towel, then mix them with a few pinches of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Finish the potatoes: While the potatoes are cooking, mince the shallot. When the potatoes are done, drain them. When they are cool enough to handle, slice them into bite sized pieces. Place them in a bowl and gently mix in the minced shallot, white wine vinegar, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and ¼ cup warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes, gently stirring occasionally. Then add the capers, chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and a few grinds black pepper. Taste and add additional salt if necessary.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Gradually whisk in 6 tablespoons olive oil working one tablespoon at a time, until creamy and emulsified.
- Prep the salad ingredients: Slice the tomatoes into wedges (or cherry tomatoes in half) and sprinkle with a little kosher salt.
- Prep the tuna: Drain the tuna and flake it using a fork. If not packed in oil, add a drizzle of olive oil and a few pinches of salt.
- Serve: To serve, in large shallow bowls or on large platters, add the Bibb lettuce leaves. Top with the potatoes, green beans, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, tuna, and olives. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Mediterranean recipes
Let us know if you have any questions!