This post was created in partnership with ALDI. All opinions are our own.
It’s still stew season, and to us there’s nothing better than warm stews to fill our hearts and bellies. What are your favorite soup and stew recipes? Since March is still prime stew season, we want to collect your ideas. Could you let us know your favorites in the comments below? (Really–we want to know!)
Our pick: this Moroccan chickpea stew, a spiced, comforting mix of sweet potatoes and chickpeas. We serve it with quinoa or another whole grain for a filling meal. Here are a few of the reasons we love it—it is:
- gluten-free and vegan (without the yogurt garnish), so it works for many diets.
- fairly simple to make, just follow the typical stew formula: chop veggies, sauté onions, dump ingredients, simmer.
- easy to transport—we brought it to some friends who just had a baby a while ago, and it was a hit.
- full of spices from your cabinet, in case you needed a reason to use them!
- pretty darn healthy, full of superfoods like sweet potatoes and chickpeas.
- very satisfying—the warm spices make it cozy, and the lemon and cilantro brighten it up.
- easy to store—if you’re making it ahead or have leftovers, it freezes well. Leftovers also work for lunches throughout the week.
Want the recipe? Click over to our meal plan on ALDI’s Hello, Healthy blog.
This recipe is part of a 7-day dinner meal plan we created for the ALDI Hello, Healthy blog, which features healthy living resources including recipes, tips, meal plans, videos and eating guides. We’re excited to be a part of getting the word out about the ALDI commitment to carry better-for-you ingredients and expand their affordable organic product offerings.
Related: Vegetarian Gumbo
What are your favorite soup and stew recipes?
Please let us know in the comments below!
Did you make this recipe?
If you make this Moroccan chickpea stew, we’d love to hear how it turned out. Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram and mention @acouplecooks.