This easy coleslaw is a great way to eat cruciferous vegetables like cabbage and Brussels sprouts! It’s totally irresistible.
- 1/2 head green cabbage, enough for 4 cups shredded*
- 1/2 head red cabbage, enough for 4 cups shredded
- 8 Brussels sprouts (optional)
- 1 carrot, enough for 1 cup shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or vegan mayo)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Shred the cabbage. If using, shred the Brussels sprouts.
- Shred the carrot, using a grater or a handheld julienne shredder.
- Make the coleslaw dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, dill, chili powder, and salt. Keep whisking after the mayo gets lumpy, until the mixture comes to a creamy consistency.
- Mix the cabbage, carrots and coleslaw dressing together and serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving. (The coleslaw is best fresh, but can be stored refrigerated for up to 1 day.)
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cruciferous vegetables, Coleslaw