The Champagne Cocktail is a classic drink that’s festive and elegant: the perfect for New Years drink! The sugar cube makes it sparkle.
- 1 sugar cube
- 5 dashes Angostura bitters
- Squeezed lemon peel
- 5 ounces champagne (10 tablespoons)
- For the garnish: Lemon twist
- Make the lemon twist garnish, if using.
- Add a sugar cube to bottom of a champagne flute. Add 5 dashes of bitters to the sugar cube. Use a vegetable peeler to peel off a small strip of lemon skin. Squeeze the lemon skin into the flute to release the oils.
- Fill the glass with champagne and serve immediately: watch how the sugar cube makes the bubbles sparkle! Garnish with a lemon twist if desired.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Poured
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: new years drinks, new years eve drinks, new years cocktails, new years eve cocktail