These Grand Marnier cocktails have a level of sophistication that only this top shelf orange liqueur can bring! Here are the top drinks to try.
Got a bottle of Grand Marnier? This top-shelf orange liqueur adds a level of sophistication to every drink it touches. You can drink it straight up, but it’s even better mixed into cocktails. What’s Grand Marnier, exactly? It’s a French liqueur that blends Cognac, bitter orange and sugar. The bottle you’ll typically see is actually called Cordon Rouge: that’s the Grand Marnier brand’s most popular product.
What does Grand Marnier taste like? You’ll taste bitter orange and brandy, and the finish has notes of vanilla and oak. And who wouldn’t want to add that to a drink? Here are the top Grand Marnier cocktails to try with this liqueur! There’s something for everyone, from the high-end Cadillac margarita to simply pairing it with bubbly Prosecco.
And now…the top Grand Marnier cocktails to try!
Step up your margarita game with the Cadillac Margarita! It uses top-shelf tequila and Grand Marnier liqueur to add sophistication and style.
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) best quality tequila reposado
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) Cointreau
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) Grand Marnier
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt, for the rim
- For the garnish: Lime wedge
- Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of flaky sea salt (or for a festive look, use our Margarita Salt).
- Place tequila, Cointreau and lime juice in a mixing glass and fill with ice. Stir until cold.
- Strain the margarita into the glass with the salted rim. Then carefully pour the Grand Marnier onto the top of the drink over an inverted spoon (float it!). Serve immediately.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Grand Marnier Cocktails
There are so many great cocktail recipes to try! Pick from some of the following:
- Mint Cocktails The best drinks with this fresh herb, from the Mojito to the Southside.
- Italian Cocktails Italy has gifted the world some of the greatest cocktails!
- Cognac Cocktails Here’s what to do with this high-end French brandy.
- Vodka Cocktails Try the greats like the Gimlet and Mule.
- Ginger Beer Cocktails Pick from Moscow mule spins, the Pimm’s Cup, and more.
- Scotch Cocktails Unique mixed drinks using this Scottish whisky.
- Orange Juice Cocktails OJ is a great mixer…and it’s not just for mimosas.
- Bourbon Cocktails Try these bourbon greats, like the Old Fashioned and Manhattan.
- Vermouth Cocktails All the best drinks using dry or sweet vermouth.
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.