Here are all the best Baileys drinks and Irish cream cocktails! Make them with any Irish cream you have on hand.
What’s the top selling liqueur worldwide? Baileys Irish Cream! Yes, it surprised us too. But what’s not surprising: the rich, creamy body, chocolate and vanilla notes, and the fruity finish of Irish whiskey is completely irresistible. And there are lots of other fantastic brands of Irish cream, too! Want to mix up some Irish cream drinks?
Here are all the best Baileys drinks and Irish cocktails to make with this creamy liqueur! Of course there’s everyone’s favorite, the Mudslide. And there are so many other ways to use it: in Irish coffee, a White Russian, and even a layered B52 shot. Ready to get mixing?
And now…the top Baileys drinks and Irish cream cocktails!
Arguably the most popular Baileys drink or Irish cream cocktail is the Mudslide! The classic Mudslide couldn’t be more sophisticated…and delicious! You can make this Mudslide recipe both ways: first as drink was first intended: shaken with coffee liqueur and Irish cream and served up in a cocktail glass. It’s more than a glorified milkshake: it’s classy and full of intrigue! Of course, you can make it frozen too: blend it up with vanilla ice cream.
Ingredients: Irish cream, Kahlua, vodka, cream
Here’s a Baileys drink that takes just 2 minutes to make and hits the spot in any season: the White Russian! This classic version of this cocktail mixes vodka with coffee liqueur and cream in a decadently creamy, searingly sweet beverage. Perhaps you know it from the 1990’s movie The Big Lebowski, but this drink has been around since the 1950’s. Swap out the cream for Baileys and you've got a Baileys White Russian.
Ingredients: Kahlua, vodka, Irish cream
Calling all coffee lovers! Here’s the caffeinated coffee cocktail for you: the Coffee Martini! It’s smooth, frothy and creamy: and the best part? A crunchy coffee bean rim. Watch out: these go down easy! Each sip is a burst of flavor, pairing bitter coffee with sweet vanilla, creamy chocolate and the fruity finish of Irish whiskey. It’s the ideal Baileys drink for coffee addicts (like us).
Ingredients: Coffee, Kahlua, Irish cream, vodka
Love booze in your coffee? Let’s make Baileys Irish coffee! There’s nothing more soul warming than that classic combination of bitter coffee, buttery whisky and frothy whipped cream. There are infinite variations on the spiked coffee theme: and swapping in Irish cream is a favorite. Use 1 ounce Baileys Irish cream in this recipe in place of the sugar and Irish whiskey, and prepare to be amazed.
Ingredients: Coffee, Irish cream, whipped cream
Looking for an Irish cream drink to please a chocoholic? (Guilty as charged, over here.) Try this Chocolate Martini! This drink is rich and creamy, basically a dessert in a glass. It’s got Irish cream and creme de cacao for maximum flavor, like the liquid version of your favorite chocolate bar. Mix this up as an after dinner drink to impress guests…or just anytime you need a sweet treat in cocktail form.
Love Baileys? Then here’s a warming cocktail to put on your to-drink list: Baileys Hot Chocolate! It’s got the best deep chocolaty flavor, accentuated by the chocolate and vanilla notes with the fruity finish of Irish whiskey. Topped with fluffy whipped cream, it’s a revelation! Serve this sweet hot alcoholic drink anytime you need a pick me up.
Last up is a classic Baileys drink: the B52 cocktail! As a shot it might be a little…pedestrian, some might say. But the pairing of Kahlua coffee liqueur, sweet Irish cream, and orange liqueur is close to perfection. The combination is so classy, we’ve recreated it here as a slow sipping after dinner drink in a stemmed cocktail glass. You can drink it either way, but we think the best way is slow sipping it.
Looking for more Irish drinks outside of these Baileys cocktails? Or want other dessert or coffee cocktails? We’ve got lots of choose from.
- Best Irish Whiskey Cocktails Irish whiskey has a signature smooth, mellow flavor with fruity and vanilla notes. Try everything from the Irish Mule to an Irish Whiskey Sour.
- 10 Dessert Drinks for After Dinner Irish cream is classic in after dinner drinks. Here are a few more creamy cocktails to enjoy, like a classic Grasshopper and Brandy Alexander.
- 10 Coffee Cocktails Worth Trying Irish cream is often paired with coffee or Kahlua. Try these tasty coffee cocktails like the Espresso Martini and more.
Mudslide (& More Baileys Irish Cream Drinks!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
Here’s how to make a mudslide! This mudslide recipe makes that classic drink starring vodka, Kahlua and Irish cream.
- 1 ounce* vodka
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur (like Kahlua)
- 1 ½ ounces Baileys Irish Cream, or other Irish cream
- 1 ½ ounces heavy cream (or 2 scoops vanilla ice cream and ½ cup ice*)
- For the garnish: Shaved chocolate (optional), chocolate sauce for the rim (optional)
- Classic Mudslide: If desired, spread the chocolate sauce on a plate and carefully dip in the cocktail glass rim. Place the vodka, coffee liqueur, Irish cream, and heavy cream in a cocktail shaker. Add 2 handfuls of ice and shake until cold. Strain the drink into a cocktail glass. Garnish with shaved chocolate if desired.
- Frozen Mudslide: Place the vodka, coffee liqueur, Irish cream, vanilla ice cream and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth and pour into a tall glass.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Baileys drinks, Irish cream drinks, Irish cream cocktails, Baileys cocktails
Wow! I made some of these for a couple of friends, and they said they were FANTABULOUS! Thanks!
Can only drink soymilk got any tips on making a nice tasting cocktail with that
Unfortunately soy milk isn’t great in cocktails! You could try it as a substitute for cream in creamy cocktails but it doesn’t get nearly as rich. Good luck!
Never seen any mention of my fav drink Brandy and Baileys or is it just my fav drink?