Here are all the best Jameson drinks and Irish whiskey cocktails! Make these festive mixed drinks using the Irish whiskey you have on hand.
Got Irish whiskey? We’ve got Jameson drinks! Irish whiskey has a unique flavor that’s altogether unlike other types of whiskey. The flavor is light and fruity, with a lightly floral scent and hints of nutty and vanilla tones. The finish is smooth and mellow, compared to the spicier finish of bourbon or rye whiskey.
Here are the top Irish whiskey drinks that make the best of its smooth flavor! Try it in an Irish mule, or go for the even more delicious Irish Sour. Mix them up as Jameson cocktails, or use any Irish whiskey you have on hand. They work as St Patricks’ Day drinks, too! But of course, we prefer them on the regular!
And now…the top Jameson drinks & Irish whiskey cocktails!
Jameson and other types of Irish whiskey
Jameson Irish whiskey is the best selling Irish whiskey in the world. It’s made from a blend of grain whiskey and single pot still whiskey, made from Irish barley. There’s no peat incorporated in the manufacturing process, so the whiskey has no smoky or spicy notes like a Scotch whisky. Instead, Irish whiskey tastes light and fruity, with a lightly floral scent and hints vanilla. It’s the easiest to drink of all types of whiskey, making a great intro for drinkers new to whiskey.
Jameson is the most popular brand of Irish whiskey worldwide, and you can use it to make these Jameson drinks. Other popular brands include:
- Teeling Irish whiskey
- Bushmills Irish whiskey
- Redbreast Irish whiskey
- Green Spot Irish whiskey
- Tullamore Irish whiskey
- Powers Irish whiskey
One of the best Irish whiskey cocktails is the Irish mule! This tasty spin on the classic Moscow mule swaps out vodka for Jameson Irish whiskey.
- 2 ounces (¼ cup) Irish whiskey, like Jameson or other
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces (½ cup) ginger beer
- For serving: ice, lime wedge, fresh mint
- In a copper mug or glass, pour in the Irish whiskey, lime juice, and ginger beer.
- Add ice and garnish with a lime slice. Serve immediately.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Jameson drinks, Jameson cocktails, Jameson whiskey drinks, Jameson mixed drinks, Irish whiskey cocktails, Irish cocktails, Irish drinks
More whiskey cocktails
There are so many great drinks with all types of whiskey! Here are some of our favorite whiskey cocktails:
- Best Whiskey Sour It really is the best.
- Whiskey and Coke A classic way that goes down easy.
- Whiskey Highball Mix whiskey with ginger ale!
- Manhattan or Boulevardier Go classy with a Manhattan or Negroni spin.
- Gold Rush or Paper Plane Opt for modern classics.
- Try Scotch Cocktails Worth Making or Great Bourbon Cocktails