These tasty coffee cocktails are boozy ways to enjoy your favorite morning drink! Here are the best ways to turn a cup of joe into a mixed drink.
Are you a coffee lover? Here’s the way to keep drinking your favorite morning beverage in the evenings, too: coffee cocktails! The way these drinks combine bittersweet coffee and sweet liqueur will have you hooked: they’re some of the tastiest mixed drinks around! Enjoy them as an afternoon pick-me-up or even as dessert…as long as you can handle the caffeine!
Here are the best ways to enjoy coffee as a cocktail! Some drinks use brewed coffee, others use coffee liqueur like Kahlua. Whatever the case, if you love coffee we promise you’ll love these coffee cocktails…even more!
And now…the top coffee cocktails worth trying!
The Coffee Martini is a modern classic cocktail made with espresso, Kahlua, and vodka! It’s ideal as a pick-me-up or after dinner drink.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) vodka
- 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) Kahlua or coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) warm espresso or strong coffee
- Coffee beans, for the garnish
- Add the vodka, Kahula and espresso to a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. Shake vigorously until cold.
- Strain into cocktail glass. Garnish with coffee beans.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Coffee cocktails, Coffee martini
More coffee drinks
Coffee is ideal any time of the day, in our minds! Outside of coffee cocktails, here are some of our favorite coffee recipes for morning, noon and night. (Well, maybe late afternoon…)
- How to Make Iced Coffee (or Chemex Iced Coffee) A killer iced coffee recipe that’s better than a coffee shop…and cheaper!
- Cold Brew Coffee This recipe is easy to make in just a few minutes of hands on time: then just wait overnight!
- How to Use an Aeropress to Make Coffee The Aeropress is a simple way to make a great one-off cup of coffee: especially when travelling!
- How to Use a Chemex to Make Coffee The best cup of coffee? To us, it’s pour over coffee made in a Chemex. (We drink at least 2 cups every day. No joke.)
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.