These easy vegetarian recipes for beginners are delicious ideas every meal! Find recipes for plant based dinner, breakfast, lunch and snacks.
For the fajita veggies
- 1 white onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or regular)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thinly slice the onion. Slice the bell peppers. Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Chop the mushroom into bite-sized pieces. Add the veggies to a big bowl and toss them with the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and kosher salt.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Add the vegetables in a single layer. Roast 15 minutes, then remove the sheets, stir the veggies, and sprinkle on another 1/2 teaspoon salt spread between the trays (1/4 teaspoon on each). Stir again, then return to the oven and roast another 10 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, pit the avocados. Scoop out the flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the lime juice, salt, and cilantro.
- Heat the refried beans in a small sauce pan.
- If desired, char the tortillas by placing them on an open gas flame on medium for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until they are slightly blackened and warm. (See How to Warm Tortillas.)
- To serve, place the refried beans and roasted veggies in tortillas, and top with guac-ish.
Reprinted with permission from Party in Your Plants by Talia Pollock
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
Keywords: Vegetarian Recipes, Easy Vegetarian Recipes, Find vegetarian recipes