The epitome of cozy winter drinks, mulled hot apple cider is seriously easy to make at home! It’s infused with spices like cinnamon, allspice, and cloves.
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 10 allspice berries
- 10 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 gallon apple cider*
- 1/4 cup rum, optional
- 1 small orange, for garnish
- Whole cranberries, for garnish
- Add the nutmeg, allspice, cloves, star anise and cinnamon to the bottom of a pot. Toast over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. (If you have a slow cooker or Instant Pot, go to Slow Cooker Apple Cider for the next step.)
- Turn the heat to low. Pour in the apple cider and bring to below a simmer, just barely bubbling. Warm for 1 hour on low heat (don’t let it simmer). Skim off any particulate if desired, or stir to re-incorporate it.
- If using, stir in the rum. Garnish with orange slices and cranberries, then serve.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Winter Drinks, Winter Drink Recipes, Mulled Apple Cider, Apple Cider with Mulling Spices