Here are the best Christmas cocktails to make your holiday festive! These Christmas drinks offer something for everyone, from martinis to spiced cider.
There’s nothing better for getting into the holiday mood than Christmas cocktails! A signature drink is more than just a tasty treat: it’s all about setting the scene for your holiday festivities. After years of being home bartenders, we’ve found that cocktails are about flavor, artistry, and mood.
Here are all our best Christmas cocktails and Christmas drinks! There’s something for everyone in this list: alcoholic drinks (and some non!) that will please the whole family. There’s the brilliant Christmas martini made with cranberry juice, and spiced cider that will make your house smell like a holiday candle factory. Ready to get started?
More Christmas drink ideas
Looking for non-alcoholic drinks or other Christmas cocktails? Here are a few more ideas:
- Mix up a cup of Homemade Hot Chocolate! Tip: spike it with peppermint schnapps.
- Try an easy and gingery Apple Cider Mule
- Sip on Hot Apple Cider from the stovetop or make it in a slow cooker
- Try Chambord and Champagne Cocktail, a mix of raspberry liqueur and bubbles
- Warm a batch of spiced Mulled Wine
Here are the best Christmas cocktails to make your holiday festive! These drinks offer something for everyone, from martinis to spiced cider.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) vodka**
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) 100% cranberry juice (not sweetened*)
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup or maple syrup*
- For the garnish: cranberries, rosemary sprig
- Place the vodka, cranberry juice, Cointreau, lemon juice, and syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake 15 seconds until cold.
- Strain the drink into a cocktail or martini glass. Garnish with cranberries and rosemary and serve.
*If all you can find is sweetened cranberry juice, use half the simple syrup quantity (or add it to taste).
**How to make 8 drinks for a crowd: In a pitcher, mix together 1 cup vodka, 1 cup 100% cranberry juice, 1/2 cup Cointreau, 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, and 5 tablespoons simple syrup. Add 3 handfuls of ice and stir until cold. Pour into glasses and serve.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Christmas cocktails, Christmas cocktail recipes
More Christmas resources
Looking for more inspiration outside of these Christmas cocktails? Here are a few more holiday ideas:
- 25 Best Christmas Recipes from main dishes to sides to cookies
- Easy Christmas Desserts for a Crowd: like the traditional cranberry pudding!
- 25 Vegan Christmas Dinner Recipes All the delicious plant-based options
- 10 Best Healthy Christmas Cookies Get ready to bake!
- 12 Best Holiday Drinks Browse a few more holiday cocktails.
Last updated: December 2020
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.