Here’s how to make the best vegan side dish: mixed sauteed vegetables! They’re colorful, flavor-packed and crisp tender! Gone are the days of the soggy veggie saute.
- 2 multi-colored bell peppers (we used red and yellow)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 head broccoli (8 ounces, stem on)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Thinly slice the peppers. Slice the onion. Cut the carrot into thin rounds, on the bias. Cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Toss the vegetables in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the oregano, kosher salt and plenty of fresh ground black pepper.
- In large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until tender and lightly charred, stirring occasionally. Taste and add a few pinches of additional salt to taste. Serve immediately.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Sauteed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan side dishes, vegan side dish recipes, vegan sides, plant based side dishes, plant based sides