This strawberry mango smoothie has the perfect fruity flavor! It’s creamy and luscious, with just the right frosty texture.
Here’s one of the tastiest smoothies you’ll find: a Strawberry Mango Smoothie! It’s got a creamy and luscious texture and the perfect fruity flavor. Mango is ideal for smoothies because of its bright sweetness. Combine that with berries and banana, and you won’t be able to stop drinking it! This smoothie also features Greek yogurt to pack in protein and probiotics. This one was a favorite at our house: the way the flavors combine is perfect for a healthy afternoon snack.
Also try: This Perfect Mango Smoothie has perfect mango flavor!
Ingredients in this strawberry mango smoothie
Sure, you can throw strawberries and mango into the blender and come up with a smoothie. But will it be the best strawberry mango smoothie? To get just the right blend of flavors and a creamy texture, here’s what we recommend:
- Frozen strawberries: Frozen berries make just the right icy texture. You can also use fresh berries, but make sure to use frozen mango.
- Frozen mango: Frozen mango is our favorite because it’s easy to find at the grocery and store for when a craving strikes. You can also use fresh mango, but then use frozen strawberries.
- Greek yogurt: Yogurt lends a creamy texture and loads of protein! It’s also got probiotics, which help with gut health.
- Banana: The banana helps to make a creamy texture and adds the final sweetness.
- Milk & ice: Milk helps it all blend, and ice makes it a little fluffier.
- Fresh lemon juice: The kicker? Lemon juice amps all the flavors just enough.
Don’t want to use milk and yogurt? Keep reading…
Variation: make it plant based / vegan!
There are actually two versions of this strawberry mango smoothie we love! The main version uses milk and yogurt, which helps to make it filling with extra protein. But you can also make it vegan! The vegan variation has less protein and is all fruit: but sometimes we’re in the mood for that too. The flavor is so sweet and fruity! Here’s what to do to make a vegan version of this smoothie:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2 bananas (room temperature)
- ½ cup water
- 8 ice cubes
Amp up the protein
Want to add even more protein to this strawberry banana smoothie? Here are a few ideas:
- Use more Greek yogurt: Yogurt adds quite a bit of protein. Double the yogurt and use ½ cup instead of ¼ cup.
- Add cashew butter or almond butter. A cashew flavor or almond flavor goes well with pineapple; we prefer it to peanut butter. Use about 1 tablespoon, 2 for a stronger flavor. Keep in mind this addition will also dull the color a bit.
- Protein powder: You can also throw in some protein powder! We usually go with real food options, especially because we’re not fans of the protein powder aftertaste.
Smoothies are best eaten immediately. But this strawberry smoothie actually lasts 1 day refrigerated, stored in a sealed container or a mason jar with the lid on. If it separates, just shake it up and you’re good to go! Making smoothies ahead is nice to have ready-made breakfasts for busy mornings.
This strawberry mango smoothie recipe is…
Vegetarian and gluten-free. Or use the vegan variation for vegan, plant-based and dairy-free.Print
This strawberry mango smoothie has the perfect fruity flavor! It’s creamy and luscious, with just the right frosty texture. Vegan variation included.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 banana (room temperature)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt*
- 1 cup milk (or almond milk or oat milk)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender, breaking the banana into pieces. Blend until creamy and frothy, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary. If desired, garnish with a frozen strawberry and frozen mango. Serve immediately or store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for 1 day.
*Vegan variation! Blend 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup frozen mango, 2 bananas (room temperature), ½ cup water and 8 ice cubes.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Smoothie
Keywords: Strawberry mango smoothie
More smoothie recipes
- Greens & veggies: Kale, Celery, Carrot, Avocado, Green, Pumpkin, Beet, Broccoli, or Spinach Smoothie You’ll forget you’re eating all those healthy ingredients. (Go to Veggie Smoothies.)
- Berries: Strawberry, Raspberry, Mixed Berry, Fruit, Blueberry, Strawberry Blueberry, Strawberry Banana, Berry Almond Milk, or Blueberry Banana Smoothie Tart and full of sweet fruity flavor!
- Creamy: Yogurt, Vanilla Protein, Chocolate Banana, Chia Seed, or Peanut Butter Smoothie Lusciously creamy and packed with flavor.
- Fruits: Banana, Apple, Acai Berry, Peach, Watermelon, Orange, Mango Pineapple, Mango Banana, or Pineapple Smoothie Juicy and lightly sweet: perfectly refreshing.
Another great healthy drink? Try our homemade kombucha: it’s fun to brew your own at home!