This post may include affiliate links; for details, see our disclosure policy.
This strawberry blueberry banana smoothie recipe is the perfect creamy blend of fruity flavors! It’s a healthy snack or breakfast made in minutes.
Want a fun blend of smoothie flavors? As smoothie experts with over 50 recipes under our belt, here’s our perfect Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie! Blending the berries with banana makes a purple puree with a delightfully fruity flavor and creamy texture. It’s sweet tart and vaguely tropical, with a hint of cinnamon to give it complexity. When we first made it, our then three year old exclaimed, “This is very good!” a hearty endorsement that gave us ultimate confidence in this recipe.
Ingredients in this strawberry blueberry smoothie recipe
Of course, you could just throw random quantities of strawberry, blueberry and banana into a blender. But making the perfect smoothie is harder than you think! Often when we go off recipe, we end up with a drink that’s too thick, too watery, or too sour. Here’s what you need for this strawberry blueberry smoothie for just the right flavor and texture (or jump right to the recipe below).
- Frozen strawberries and blueberries: Frozen berries are perfect for smoothies: they add just the right icy texture and they’re easy to store. Even better, they’re much less expensive than fresh berries, making for a more economical smoothie.
- Banana: Most of our smoothie recipes use room temperature banana, so you don’t have to remember to freeze them! The banana makes just the right creamy texture. (If desired, you can substitute frozen banana here.)
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt adds protein and has live probiotics that can improve gut health.
- Milk: Use whatever dairy or non-dairy milk you’d like. Substitute water or juice if you don’t have any on hand.
- Maple syrup: Frozen berries can be fairly tart more so than ripe fresh berries. The flavor needs a bit of sweetener, so use maple syrup, honey or agave syrup.
- Ice: A bit of ice makes a fluffy, frothy texture to this smoothie recipe.
- Cinnamon: This spice adds a little extra oomph that makes this smoothie great! Feel free to cut it back if you’d like it to be more of a supporting flavor.
Looking for a vegan smoothie? We love smoothies with Greek yogurt because it adds a hefty dose of protein, making the smoothie more filling. It also helps to make an extremely creamy texture. But it’s easy to make this one plant-based! Here’s how to make a vegan strawberry blueberry smoothie:
- Make it as a variation on our strawberry banana smoothie. Go to this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe and substitute 1 cup frozen blueberries for half of the frozen strawberries.
- Substitute non-dairy milk for the milk and omit the yogurt. Our favorite non-dairy milk to use in smoothies is oat milk, but almond milk also works well. Start with substituting the quantity of milk in the recipe and omitting the yogurt entirely, then add more liquid as necessary to get the smoothie to blend.
Mix-ins for a strawberry blueberry smoothie
The best part about smoothie recipes is that the recipe is a template! This strawberry blueberry smoothie is delicious as is, but it’s even more fun to add mix-ins and adders. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Chia seeds. Increase the plant-based protein and fiber with chia seeds! Adding 2 tablespoons to the recipe provides 4 grams protein and 11 grams fiber (see this Chia Seed Smoothie).
- Nut butter. Add a dollop of nut butter for another protein adder! One tablespoon of peanut butter is a good amount for extra protein without a strong nutty flavor, and it adds 4 grams protein.
- More Greek yogurt: Add even more protein by blending in an extra ½ cup yogurt, to taste.
- Coconut. Add a handful of coconut flakes or a drizzle of coconut milk for a tropical flavor.
Variations on a strawberry blueberry smoothie
You can also use this smoothie as a template for other berry smoothies! Here are a few ideas of berry combinations that work well together:
- Strawberry blackberry smoothie: Swap in frozen blackberries.
- Strawberry raspberry smoothie: Swap in frozen or fresh raspberries.
- Strawberry raspberry blueberry smoothie: Substitute ½ cup frozen raspberries for ½ cup of the strawberries.
- Blueberry banana smoothie: Go to Blueberry Banana Smoothie.
Or, try another strawberry smoothie variation like Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie, Strawberry Peach Smoothie, Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie, Strawberry Mango Smoothie or Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie.
This smoothie recipe is…
Vegetarian and gluten-free. For vegan, plant-based, and dairy-free, review the substitutions above.Print
This strawberry blueberry banana smoothie is the perfect creamy blend of fruity flavors! It’s a healthy snack or breakfast made in minutes.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana (room temperature)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt*
- 1 cup milk (or almond milk or oat milk)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, honey, or agave syrup
- ½ cup ice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon*
- Place all ingredients in a blender, breaking the banana into pieces. Blend until creamy and frothy, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary. If desired, garnish with a strawberry and blueberries. Serve immediately or store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for 1 day.
*½ teaspoon has a pronounced cinnamon flavor; ¼ teaspoon is more subtle. We prefer it with ½ teaspoon as a more forward flavor!
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Smoothie
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Strawberry blueberry smoothie, Strawberry blueberry banana smoothie, strawberry and blueberry smoothie
More smoothie recipes
Want more healthy smoothie recipes? There are so many to try:
- Greens & veggies: Kale, Celery, Pumpkin, Cucumber, Avocado, Avocado Banana, Green, Beet or Spinach Smoothie You’ll forget you’re eating all those healthy ingredients.
- Berries: Strawberry, Mixed Berry, Fruit, Blueberry, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry Mango, or Blueberry Banana Smoothie Tart and full of sweet fruity flavor!
- Creamy: Yogurt, Coffee, Coconut Milk, Oat Milk, Vanilla Protein, Chocolate Banana, Oatmeal, or Peanut Butter Smoothie Lusciously creamy and packed with flavor.
- Fruits: Banana, Peach, Apple, Pomegranate, Acai Berry, Grape, Watermelon, Orange, Mango Pineapple, Dragon Fruit, Kiwi, or Pineapple Smoothie Juicy and lightly sweet: perfectly refreshing.