This strawberry blueberry banana smoothie recipe is the perfect creamy blend of fruity flavors! It’s a healthy snack or breakfast made in minutes.
Want a fun blend of smoothie flavors? Here’s our new favorite: this perfect Strawberry Blueberry Banana Smoothie! This trifecta of ingredients makes for the best fruity flavor and creamy texture. It’s sweet tart and vaguely tropical, with a hint of cinnamon to give it complexity. When we whipped this up, our three year old exclaimed, “This is very good!” A hearty endorsement from a kid always gives us ultimate confidence in a recipe: so you know this one is a keeper.
Ingredients in this strawberry blueberry smoothie recipe
Of course, you could just throw quantities of strawberry, blueberry and banana into a blender. But guess what? Making the perfect smoothie is harder than you think. Often when we wing it, we end up with a smoothie that’s way too thick, too watery, or too sour. Here’s what you need for this strawberry blueberry smoothie for just the right flavor and texture…or jump right to the recipe below!
- Frozen strawberries and blueberries: Frozen berries are perfect for smoothies: they add just the right icy texture and they’re easy to store. Even better: they’re cheaper than fresh berries!
- Banana: All our smoothie recipes use room temperature banana: because we never remember to freeze them! The banana makes just the right creamy texture.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt adds protein, and has live probiotics that can improve gut health.
- Milk: Use whatever milk you’d like: you can even get away with water here!
- Maple syrup: Frozen berries can be fairly tart: more so than ripe fresh berries. The flavor needs a bit of sweetener here. Use honey or agave syrup if you prefer.
- Ice: A bit of ice makes a fluffy, frothy texture.
- Cinnamon: This is that little extra oomph that makes this smoothie great! Feel free to cut it back if you’d like it to be more of a supporting flavor (see notes in the recipe below).
Vegan variation (without yogurt)
Looking for a vegan smoothie? We love smoothies with Greek yogurt, but not everyone eats dairy. Here’s how to make a plant based strawberry blueberry smoothie:
- Make it as a variation on our strawberry banana smoothie. Go to Strawberry Banana Smoothie and substitute 1 cup frozen blueberries for half of the frozen strawberries.
- Substitute non-dairy milk and vegan yogurt. These days it’s easier to find quality brands of non-dairy milk and vegan yogurt. Our favorite non-dairy milk to use in smoothies is oat milk, but almond milk also works well.
Mix-ins for this strawberry blueberry smoothie recipe
The best part about smoothie recipes can be mixing things up! We think this strawberry blueberry smoothie is pretty perfect as is, but it’s even more fun to add mix-ins and adders. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Chia seeds. Amp the plant-based protein and the fiber with chia seeds! Adding 2 tablespoons to the recipe adds 4 grams protein and 11 grams fiber (see this Chia Seed Smoothie).
- Nut butter. Add a dollop of nut butter for another protein adder! 1 tablespoon is a good amount for extra protein without a strong nutty flavor, and it adds 4 grams protein.
- More Greek yogurt: Add even more protein! Try blending in ½ cup, to taste.
- Coconut. Add a handful of coconut flakes or a drizzle of coconut milk for a tropical flavor!
Variations on a strawberry blueberry smoothie
You can also use this smoothie as a template for other berry smoothies! Here are a few ideas of berry combinations that work well together:
- Strawberry blackberry smoothie: Substitute frozen blackberries.
- Strawberry raspberry blueberry smoothie: Substitute ½ cup frozen raspberries for ½ cup of the strawberries.
- Blueberry banana smoothie: Go to Blueberry Banana Smoothie.
This smoothie recipe is…
Vegetarian and gluten-free. For vegan, plant-based, and dairy-free, review the substitutions above.Print
This strawberry blueberry banana smoothie is the perfect creamy blend of fruity flavors! It’s a healthy snack or breakfast made in minutes.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana (room temperature)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt*
- 1 cup milk (or almond milk or oat milk)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, honey, or agave syrup
- ½ cup ice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon*
- Place all ingredients in a blender, breaking the banana into pieces. Blend until creamy and frothy, stopping and scraping down the sides as necessary. If desired, garnish with a strawberry and blueberries. Serve immediately or store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for 1 day.
*½ teaspoon has a pronounced cinnamon flavor; ¼ teaspoon is more subtle. We prefer it with ½ teaspoon as a more forward flavor!
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Smoothie
Keywords: Strawberry blueberry smoothie, Strawberry blueberry banana smoothie, strawberry and blueberry smoothie
More smoothie recipes
Want more healthy smoothie recipes? There are so many to try:
- Greens & veggies: Kale, Celery, Pumpkin, Cucumber, Avocado, Avocado Banana, Green, Beet or Spinach Smoothie You’ll forget you’re eating all those healthy ingredients.
- Berries: Strawberry, Mixed Berry, Fruit, Blueberry, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry Mango, or Blueberry Banana Smoothie Tart and full of sweet fruity flavor!
- Creamy: Yogurt, Coconut Milk, Oat Milk, Vanilla Protein, Chocolate Banana, Oatmeal, or Peanut Butter Smoothie Lusciously creamy and packed with flavor.
- Fruits: Banana, Peach, Apple, Pomegranate, Acai Berry, Grape, Watermelon, Orange, Mango Pineapple, Dragon Fruit, Kiwi, or Pineapple Smoothie Juicy and lightly sweet: perfectly refreshing.