Here are all the top pumpkin desserts to make this season! These recipes are classic and delicious, from cookies to bars to cheesecake.
When the season is right, there’s nothing better than ending a meal with a pumpkin dessert! Cozy spiced and classic, there are so many treats with this humble squash to try. It’s a small window, so when the craving strikes it’s time to get baking! Here are all the top 20 pumpkin desserts to make this season, from cookies to cheesecake to brownies, truffles and more! We’ve collected all the top sweets from our website, then sourced a few from some of our favorite creators from around the web. Ready to get started?
And now…the top pumpkin desserts to make this season!
Here’s a recipe that’s just right for the season: this classic Pumpkin Cake recipe! It’s everything you want a pumpkin cake to be: thick and moist, scented with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. The best part? A layer of tangy, fluffy cream cheese frosting is its ideal flavor match. It’s so classic and irresistible, you’ll want to make it for every gathering.
Here’s our ultimate pumpkin dessert: Pumpkin Cookies! These sweet morsels are lusciously pillowy and chewy, scented with a burst of fall spices and a hint of molasses. The exterior has a subtle sugar crunch and a drizzle of simple sweet icing. Even better, the soft texture holds up for days.
What’s one of the best pumpkin desserts? We think it might be these Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting! The bars are perfectly moist and cakey, with just the right warm-spiced interior from cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. They’re topped off with a lusciously creamy layer of cream cheese frosting that gives a tangy lift to each bite.
What’s better than a creamy, cool pumpkin dessert? Try this Pumpkin Ice Cream recipe! Scoop up a bowl and it’s lusciously soft and creamy, scented with just the right hit of cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg. Take it to the next level and add candied pecans for a sweet, salty crunch.
What makes this pie incredible? Let us count the ways. The filling is creamy and delicious, with just the right pumpkin-spiced sweetness. The crust is flaky with just the right salty crunch. The flavors are so delightfully elevated, no one will guess it’s fully plant-based!
This pumpkin dessert is unique and a total crowd-pleaser: Pumpkin Bread Pudding! Imagine, bread cubes baked in a pumpkin-spiced custard until puffed and golden. Drizzle it with a golden bourbon butter sauce and wowza! It's a little bit of heaven.
Here’s a perfect pumpkin dessert: Mini Pumpkin Pies! These pies are more than just the novelty factor! They’re half the serving of a normal piece of pie, making them a healthy dessert option. They’re also customizable for gatherings of all sizes: you can make a half recipe if you don’t want to be stuck with an entire pie after the holiday! Even better: they’re incredibly tasty. Each bite has the perfect ratio of silky smooth filling to flaky pie crust
Wow, will one bite of these pumpkin muffins have you thinking about it for hours! The moist cake is cozy-scented and just sweet enough, since after all it really is a muffin. Top that with a generous gooey mound of maple cream cheese, and each bite is like eating cheesecake and a muffin all at once.
Need a light and fluffy pumpkin dessert? This one's got all the creamy, cozy-spiced goodness of pumpkin pie filling packed into a light and fluffy mousse. Here we’ve served it in a shot glass because…why not? The advantage to shot glass desserts is that they control the portion size: all the delicious dessert goodness is packed into a tiny package!
Can’t choose between traditional chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin cookies? You don’t have to with these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! These sweet morsels are an ode to fall: chewy and spiced, they feature cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg with a traditional chocolate chip cookie base.
Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Need a great classic pumpkin dessert? Try these soft pumpkin cookies! These pumpkin cookies have a soft, deliciously spiced batter and are topped with a heavenly cream cheese frosting. What’s not to love? Via Gimme Some Oven
Pumpkin Spice Turtle Cake
Rich and decadent, this delicious Pumpkin Turtle Cake is a must-have Autumn recipe! The combination of moist pumpkin spice cake, homemade caramel, chocolate ganache, and toasted pecans makes for a rave worthy Fall dessert! Via Grandbaby Cakes
This classic pumpkin cheesecake is hard to beat! It's got a spiced graham cracker crust and a creamy pumpkin filling. If you'd like, top with a dollop of whipped cream to finish off this perfect dessert (but it's not needed). Via My Baking Addiction
Pumpkin Brownies are the perfect mix two popular desserts: brownies and pumpkin pie! This easy brownie recipe uses a brownie mix of your choice with a layer of pumpkin in the middle to create something super fun and delicious. Via The Cookie Rookie
Caramel Pumpkin Lava Cake Recipe
Want something unique as a pumpkin dessert? Try this gooey molten Pumpkin Caramel Lava Cake! It's spiced to perfection and filled with smooth rich caramel. Top with melty vanilla ice cream for an over the top treat. Via Grandbaby Cakes
Need a deliciously fun pumpkin dessert? Try Pumpkin Cupcakes! They're perfectly pumpkin spiced, have the best texture, and the luscious cinnamon frosting complements the cake beautifully. Via Chelsea's Messy Apron
Pumpkin Mug Cake
Need a single serving pumpkin dessert? Try this Pumpkin Mug Cake! It's moist and perfectly spiced: and happens to be plant based! All you need are pantry ingredients and you can make it in under 5 minutes start to finish. Via Jessica in the Kitchen
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
A delicious pumpkin dessert idea: pumpkin swirl cheesecake bars! They feature fall spiced pumpkin pie swirled into rich decadent cheesecake, baked on a crisp Biscoff cookie crust! Via Grandbaby Cakes
Pumpkin Spice Truffles
Another great pumpkin dessert? Try Pumpkin Spice Truffles! Made with real pumpkin puree, they're indulgent and surprisingly easy to prepare. Coat them in white or dark chocolate and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Via Sally's Baking Addiction
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Last up, a pumpkin dessert to impress: pumpkin Bundt cake! It's a fall classic, topped with cream cheese frosting with just a bit of pumpkin pie spice. A slice of comfort on a plate! Via My Baking Addiction
More pumpkin recipes
There are lots more pumpkin recipes to try outside of desserts! Breakfast, snacks, drinks and more are better with pumpkin. Here are a few ideas:
- Breakfast: Try Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal, Pumpkin Waffles, Pumpkin Smoothie or Cozy Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Drinks: Opt for Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Spice Coffee, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Martini or Pumpkin Old Fashioned Cocktail
- Snacks: Grab Pumpkin Spice Muffins, Easy Pumpkin Dip or Pumpkin Banana Bread
Top Pumpkin Desserts: Pumpkin Cake & More!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 to 16 1x
This classic pumpkin cake recipe is moist and perfectly spiced! Top with cream cheese frosting for an irresistible treat.
For the pumpkin cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (purchased or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup neutral oil
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
For the cream cheese frosting (optional)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 13″ or equivalent baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and kosher salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil and applesauce. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Pour into the prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth into an even layer.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool until for 30 minutes, then refrigerate about 15 minutes until it comes to room temperature. (Or allow to cool and refrigerate it, then frost before serving.) If desired, dust with powdered sugar before serving or proceed to the cream cheese frosting (recommended).
- Meanwhile, make the cream cheese frosting: Beat the room temperature butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes until completely smooth. Reduce the speed to low, then add the vanilla. Slowly sift in the powdered sugar until thickened. Refrigerate the icing until frosting the cake.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cake to the desired thickness (you can use the entire batch or less if desired). Stores refrigerated for up to 3 to 4 days; bring to room temperature before serving. Freeze the completely cooled unfrosted cake tightly wrapped for up to 3 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Pumpkin desserts
More fall recipes
Looking for specific types of recipes for the season? Here are more recipes organized by category:
- Best Fall Dinner Recipes Don’t miss out! Try everything from cozy pot pie to hearty chili.
- Top Fall Salads These recipes highlight the best the season has to offer!
- 10 Easy Fall Desserts These cozy recipes go big on autumn spices and seasonal fruits.
- Fall Cocktails for the Season or Fantastic Fall Drinks These drinks are positively cozy, featuring the flavors of the season. See also: Fall Bourbon Cocktails or Fall Vodka Cocktails.
great, thank you for all of these, especially since I’m stjll not tired of pumpkin, and these are so creative, starting with the lava cake