I know some of you are #foreversummer sort of folks — not me. Despite my best efforts to live in the present and not wish for the next season to come, I must say that I was quite excited when we got our first bits of fall a few weeks ago. Sunny days and 60-degree nights are just about pure bliss here in central Indiana. A bike ride through our new neighborhood without breaking a sweat? Give it to me.
And what would fall be without Starbucks #PSL ads, or Pinterest boards full of pumpkin delights? We couldn’t resist adding another pumpkin recipe to our repertoire. While cycling through pumpkin recipes (even trying a pumpkin ice cream that wasn’t quite right) we had a realization: drop the pumpkin. All we really want is the spice, not the pumpkin. This realization led to this quick and easy recipe for pumpkin spice iced coffee — with all the fall flavor, you’ll never notice the missing pumpkin!Print
- 2 cups strong coffee
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- Make two cups of strong coffee. While still warm, stir 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix into the coffee
- Allow the coffee to cool to room temperature. The spices will settle to the bottom of the coffee.
- Pour the coffee into a container with 1 cup of vanilla almond milk, being careful not to add the spices from the bottom of the coffee.
- Add a few cubes of ice and enjoy!
- Category: Drinks
About the Authors
Cookbook Author and writer
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Cookbook Author and photographer
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.