I know some of you are #foreversummer sort of folks — not me. Despite my best efforts to live in the present and not wish for the next season to come, I must say that I was quite excited when we got our first bits of fall a few weeks ago. Sunny days and 60-degree nights are just about pure bliss here in central Indiana. A bike ride through our new neighborhood without breaking a sweat? Give it to me.
And what would fall be without Starbucks #PSL ads, or Pinterest boards full of pumpkin delights? We couldn’t resist adding another pumpkin recipe to our repertoire. While cycling through pumpkin recipes (even trying a pumpkin ice cream that wasn’t quite right) we had a realization: drop the pumpkin. All we really want is the spice, not the pumpkin. This realization led to this quick and easy recipe for pumpkin spice iced coffee — with all the fall flavor, you’ll never notice the missing pumpkin!Print
- 2 cups strong coffee
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- Make two cups of strong coffee. While still warm, stir 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix into the coffee
- Allow the coffee to cool to room temperature. The spices will settle to the bottom of the coffee.
- Pour the coffee into a container with 1 cup of vanilla almond milk, being careful not to add the spices from the bottom of the coffee.
- Add a few cubes of ice and enjoy!