These easy shrimp tacos are a fast dinner recipe for weeknights or entertaining. They taste stunning drizzled in a creamy cilantro sauce!
- 1 recipe Creamy Shrimp Taco Sauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pound large shrimp, thawed and deveined (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning (purchased or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, divided
- 8 tortillas
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Make the Creamy Shrimp Taco Sauce.
- Thinly slice the green cabbage. Thinly slice the red onion and place it in a bowl with cold water (this removes a bit of the strong onion flavor); drain before serving.
- Mince the garlic. Pat the shrimp dry. In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the Old Bay seasoning, cumin, salt, and garlic.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter on medium high heat. Cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side until opaque and cooked through, turning them with tongs. Spritz with juice of the two lime wedges.
- If desired, char the tortillas by placing them on an open gas flame on medium for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until they are slightly blackened and warm. (See How to Warm Tortillas.)
- To serve, place the cabbage and red onion in a tortilla, then top with shrimp. Squeeze with the juice of 2 lime wedges, then top with the taco sauce. Serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Mexican recipes, Easy Mexican recipes