This fall sangria with apple cider recipe pairs sparkling apple cider with red wine, orange and cinnamon. In a word: WOW.
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1/2 orange
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 750 ml bottle dry red wine, such as Rioja
- 1 750 ml bottle sparkling cider or apple cider
- Optional garnishes: Cinnamon stick, rosemary sprig, remaining orange slices
- Thinly slice the apple, pear, and orange. Place them into a medium bowl and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Transfer to a large pitcher. Allow to stand for 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- After 1 hour, pour in the red wine. You can use it immediately, or chill for up to 3 hours.
- To serve, fill a glass with ice. Fill halfway with sparkling apple cider, then halfway with red wine mixture. Garnish with cinnamon stick, rosemary or orange slices. When you’ve polished off the sangria, you can snack on the sweetened fruit.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktail
Keywords: Fall Drinks