The Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot is a creamy mix of RumChata and Fireball whisky! It’s a fun novelty to impress everyone.
Looking for a fun cocktail to impress your friends? Try the Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot! Yes, you heard that right. The sugary cereal is recreated as a cocktail using RumChata and Fireball whisky. What does it taste like? Well, about what you’d expect. Creamy, impossibly sweet, and full of spicy cinnamon flavor. This isn’t our normal cocktail vibe around here, but hey: we had a bottle of Fireball and and got curious. Here’s how to make this drink!
What’s a Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot?
The Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot is a cocktail made with RumChata and Fireball whisky and a cinnamon sugar rim. The effect is a creamy drink that’s reminiscent of the sweet cereal of the same name, originally inspired by the flavor of RumChata. It’s very sweet with a strong cinnamon finish on the sip. Only attempt this if you’re a fan of sweet drinks! You can serve it as a shot or over ice as a slow sipper. Here’s what you’ll need:
- RumChata, a cinnamon-flavored cream liqueur
- Fireball whisky, a cinnamon-flavored whisky
- Cinnamon and granulated sugar
Drink it as a shot, or over ice as a cocktail
Here at A Couple Cooks, our first love is cocktails. Cocktails are about slow sipping and enjoying flavors: not getting drunk! So we tend to avoid shots, since the whole point of a shot is ingesting alcohol quickly. The nice thing about the Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot? You can drink it as a shot or as a cocktail. Here are a few notes on this:
- Use a small glass and add ice. Drinking over ice also helps to dilute the flavors a bit, which provides a better balance (see below). We prefer it this way.
- Or, use a shot glass. This drink is so sweet that we understand why people take it as a shot.
Our review of the Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot
Cinnamon Toast Crunch was my favorite cereal in college for late night studying (we can call it an addiction). So when we had some Fireball whisky to use up, we knew we had to try this shot! Here’s our review:
- It is very sweet. As in, a little too sweet! You’ll need to be a major sweet drink lover to enjoy this one.
- Add ice to dilute the flavors a bit. We like drinking it as a slow sipper with ice, so it mellows the drink a bit.
- Make it for the novelty…occasionally. It’s fun to try this novelty, but this isn’t one we’d drink on the regular. There are so many more great cocktails for that!
More about Fireball whisky
Is Fireball whisky actually…whiskey? Here’s what you need to know and why to grab a bottle for your collection:
- Fireball Cinnamon Whisky is a mix of Canadian whisky and cinnamon flavoring, developed in Canada in the 1980’s. It was originally part of a flavored schnapps line of Seagram’s, and is now produced by the Sazerac Company.
- What does it taste like? Fireball whisky tastes sweet, with a strong aftertaste of cinnamon candy and spicy whiskey.
- What ABV is Fireball? Fireball is 33% ABV. Standard whiskey must be 40% ABV, so Fireball isn’t technically whiskey. It’s actually a flavored whiskey or specialty distilled liquor. It’s so sweet, it actually tastes more like a liqueur!
Want more drinks with Fireball? Try Fireball and Apple Cider.
All about Rumchata
Is it worth grabbing a bottle of RumChata for this drink? Here’s a bit more about it:
- RumChata is a cream liqueur made in Wisconsin with Caribbean rum, cream, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. It’s similar to Baileys Irish Cream, but Baileys is made in Ireland with Irish whiskey. RumChata was inspired by the Mexican and Spanish drink horchata, a creamy drink made with soaked rice or almonds and cinnamon that resembles milk. But Rumchata has actual dairy…and rum! Despite the name on the bottle, it doesn’t actually contain horchata (read more here).
- What does it taste like? RumChata tastes very sweet and creamy, with cinnamon and dark rum notes on the finish. You can use it similar to Baileys. Grab a bottle if you love sweet drinks.
- What else can you make with it? Try a RumChata Coffee or RumChata White Russian.
More sweet cocktails
If you’re into the Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot, you’ll love these sweet drinks! Here are some of our favorite sugary dessert drinks:
- Try the layered B 52 Shot
- Go for a chocolaty Classic Mudslide or Chocolate Martini
- Grab a minty Grasshopper Drink
- Try the Brandy Alexander
- Opt for a White Russian
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Fireball whisky
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) RumChata
- For the rim: 4 teaspoon granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the cinnamon and sugar on a plate. Run your finger around the edge of a shot glass (or a small glass if serving as a cocktail). Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of cinnamon and sugar.
- Stir the Fireball and RumChata together the glass. If desired, you can serve over ice as a cocktail.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktail
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shot, Rumchata and Fireball