Here’s how to make the best green smoothie chock full of nutrients! The flavor is so irresistible, you’ll forget you’re eating your greens.
- 1 small apple
- 1 banana, room temperature
- 2 cups spinach
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- ½ teaspoon peeled and grated ginger (from fresh ginger root), optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons* chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Chop the apple, leaving the skin on. Break the banana into pieces and place them both in the blender. Add the spinach and water and blend until smooth. Add the ice, frozen pineapple, ginger, chia seeds, and lemon juice. Blend again until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for 2 days, shaking if the smoothie separates.
*We like this recipe with 1 tablespoon chia seeds, but you can add up to 2 tablespoons chia seeds for more protein and fiber. 2 tablespoons of chia seeds have 11 grams of fiber (44% of your daily need) and 4 grams protein (8% of your daily need).
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Smoothies
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Green smoothie recipes, green smoothie recipe