Need protein-packed purees? Here are all the best energy smoothie recipes to power your day, deliciously nutrient-packed.
Looking for purees to power your day? Look no further than these Energy Smoothie recipes! We’ve got lots of healthy smoothie recipes for whizzing up your favorite fruits and veggies. But this list has the recipes that are highest in protein, fiber and nutrients to keep you full of energy and vibrant all day long!
Want to pack in even more protein and nutrients to your purees? Here are a few ideas for add ins for each of the recipes below:
- Add 2 tablespoons chia seeds: This adds 4 grams protein and 11 grams fiber to your smoothie.
- Add 1 scoop protein powder. In general, one scoop protein powder has about 20 grams protein, but it depends on the brand.
Ready to get started? Let’s get blending.
And now…6 energy smoothie recipes to try!
More smoothie inspiration
Looking for other ideas? We’ve got lots of recipes where that came from. Here are all our favorite smoothie recipes, organized by type:
- 10 Vegetable Smoothie Recipes
- 20 Best Fruit Smoothie Recipes
- 15 Smoothie Recipes with Yogurt
- 9 Favorite Green Smoothie Recipes
- 10 Vegan Smoothie Recipes to Try
- 30 Best Smoothie Recipes
This vanilla energy smoothie is creamy, lightly fruity, and packed with protein! It’s the perfect healthy breakfast or post-workout snack.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 banana (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk (or almond milk or oat milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ice cubes
- Garnish: we used toasted coconut and fresh raspberries
- Place all ingredients in a blender, breaking the bananas into pieces. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Energy smoothie
About the Authors
Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. She’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the food blog A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time.
Alex Overhiser is an acclaimed food photographer and author based in Indianapolis. He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Alex is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian cookbooks by Epicurious.