This burrito bowl is a lightning fast easy dinner idea! Add veggies and drizzle with creamy chipotle ranch dressing.
For the burrito bowl
- 1 1/2 cups dry rice (or 1 recipe Cilantro Lime Rice) or pre-cooked rice packages (like Seeds of Change or other)
- 15-ounce can black beans
- 15-ounce can corn
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo, aka fresh salsa (purchased)*
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Vegetables: Avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion (or pickled onions)
- Add ins: sauteed shrimp, shredded cooked chicken, nacho cheese, roasted peppers, etc.
For the chipotle ranch (use chipotle sauce for vegan)
- ½ cup plain whole milk yogurt (or Greek yogurt plus 1 tablespoon water)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 each teaspoon each dried dill, garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/4 each teaspoon each kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chilis**
- Cook the rice: make the Stovetop White Rice, Stovetop Brown Rice,Instant Pot Rice, or Cilantro Lime Rice. Alternatively, buy a precooked package that cooks in 2 minutes (like Seeds of Change brand). When the rice is done, fluff it with a fork and add a few pinches salt and a drizzle of olive oil, to taste (don’t skip this step!).
- Make the black bean and corn salad: In a bowl, mix together the beans (drained and rinsed), corn, and pico de gallo with the kosher salt.
- Chop the veggies: Cut the avocado. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and thinly slice the onions.
- Make the chipotle ranch: Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until fully combined.
- Serve: Add the rice to bowls, then top with the black bean and corn salad, veggies, and chipotle ranch dressing.
*You’ll find this packaged in the refrigerated section at your local grocery: it may be labeled pico de gallo or fresh salsa. If you can’t find it, make homemade Pico de Gallo.
**Customize to your heat level. For a mild version, use 1 tablespoon adobo sauce.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican inspired
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: Dinner ideas for tonight