Here’s how to make the New York Sour: one of the best cocktails out there! Make a classic whiskey sour and float a layer of red wine on top.
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) bourbon whiskey
- 1 ounce ( 2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) maple syrup or simple syrup
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) dry red wine
- Optional garnish: lemon twist
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice, and syrup to a cocktail shaker and fill it with a handful of ice. Shake until very cold.
- Strain the drink into an ice-filled lowball or Old Fashioned glass.
- Carefully pour the red wine over the back of a spoon just above the surface of the drink, creating a layer on top. Serve with a lemon twist if desired.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: New York Sour, New York Sour Recipe, Red Wine Cocktail