What’s in a Cosmopolitan cocktail? This vibrant pink drink is perfect for any occasion, with vodka, cranberry and Triple Sec.
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) vodka or citron vodka*
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) 100% cranberry juice (do not use sweetened!)
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup**
- For the garnish: lime wheel (optional)
- Place the vodka, cranberry juice, Cointreau, lemon juice, and syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake 15 seconds until cold. Strain the liquid into a martini glass.
- Squeeze with the lime wedge and serve, garnished with a lime wheel if desired.
*If you have it, use citron vodka for the most authentic Cosmo: in this case you can omit the lemon juice. In our tests we found it was just as tasty to use standard vodka with lemon juice, so you don’t have to buy another type of vodka.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Triple Sec drinks, Triple Sec cocktails