Here are the most popular blue curacao drinks to try! These blue cocktails have a sweet tart flavor and a brilliant ocean-tinted hue.
Looking for blue curacao drinks? There’s nothing more novel than a bright ocean-colored alcoholic drink, is there? Indeed, in all our 200+ cocktail recipes, the blue cocktails are the ones that stand out visually. What’s the secret? Blue curacao, a beautifully tinted orange liqueur made in the Caribbean. It gives drinks a citrusy flavor and a color that makes them look just like swimming pool water.
What are the best alcoholic drinks to make in this color? Here are the top blue drinks to try, in order of popularity! Combine curacao with vodka, rum, or tequila and you’ll get a different drink out of each one. The most popular curacao drink is by far the Blue Hawaii…but try them all and let us know what you think!
And now…the top blue curacao drinks to try!
What is curacao?
Curacao is an orange liqueur invented in the 19th century by Dutch settlers on Curaçao, an island in the Caribbean. There were originally several colors of Curaçao liqueur, including clear, blue, red, green and orange. The most popular colors today are blue and clear. The liqueur is flavored with the Laraha orange peel, a special type of orange tree that grows on the island.
The original curacao liqueur has been made on the island since 1896. The Bols company invented Blue Curacao and started selling it as early as 1912. It’s become popular over the years for making blue alcoholic drinks that are often associated with beach resorts.
More alcoholic drinks by color!
Love picking drinks based on color? Us too! Outside of these curacao drinks, here are a few more alcoholic drinks sorted by hue:
- 10 Genius Green Cocktails From neon to pale green, these drinks use liqueurs or natural ingredients for color.
- 12 Brilliant Red Cocktails There are red drinks for everyone, from sweet martini to bitter Negroni.
- 10 Perfect Pink Cocktails From dusty rose to fuchsia, these pink drinks are 100% delicious.
Here are the ingredients you need to make the Blue Hawaii drink! Its ocean-tinted hue is thanks to blue curacao liqueur.
- Place the rum, vodka, blue curacao, pineapple juice, lime juice, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add 2 handfuls of ice and shake until cold.
- Strain the drink into a hurricane glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and cherry.
*For conversion to tablespoons, 1 ounce = 2 tablespoons
**If you prefer, use 2 ounces rum and omit the vodka.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Curacao drink, Blue curacao drinks, Blue drinks, Blue cocktails