This chimichurri recipe is full of bright, garlicky flavor! This classic Argentinian sauce is ideal with steak, fish, vegetables and more.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup very finely chopped Italian parsley (1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped loosely-packed fresh oregano leaves*
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine water and kosher salt in a small saucepan and heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together the minced garlic, finely chopped Italian parsley, finely chopped oregano and red pepper flakes. Whisk in red wine vinegar, followed by olive oil and then the salt water. Taste and add additional red pepper flakes if desired. Serve immediately. Store refrigerated for 2 to 3 weeks.
*Or substitute 1/4 cup more Italian parsley and use 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
Recipe inspired by Francis Mallman in Seven Fires: Grilling the Argentine Way.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Argentinian
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Parsley recipes