Jump into the season with a fall margarita! The combination of tequila, fresh lime, and spiced apple cider syrup can’t be beat.
For the fall margarita
- 2 ounces tequila reposado (or tequila blanco)
- 1 ounce apple cider syrup (see below)
- ½ ounce lime juice
- For the glass: kosher salt, clear ice, and cinnamon stick or apple slices (optional)
For the apple cider syrup (makes 3/4 cup)
- 4 cups apple cider
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Make the apple cider syrup: Place the apple cider, granulated sugar and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan. Bring to a low boil, then maintain a low boil for 30 to 35 minutes until reduced to ¾ cup. Use immediately or refrigerate until using (stores up to 2 weeks refrigerated).
- Prepare the glass: Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of salt.
- Make a single drink: Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 4 ice cubes and shake until cold.
- Serve: Strain the margarita into the glass with the salted rim. Fill the glass with clear ice. If desired, garnish with a cinnamon stick or apple slices.
- For a margarita pitcher (8 servings): Place 2 cups tequila, 1 cup apple cider syrup (make 1.5 or 2 times the recipe above!) and ½ cup lime juice in a pitcher. Add 3 handfuls ice and stir until cold. Pour into the prepared glasses.
*To convert to tablespoons, 1 ounce = 2 tablespoons
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Fall cocktails, fall drinks, fall alcoholic drinks