The Champagne Cocktail is a classic drink that’s festive and elegant, perfect for celebration. The sugar cube makes it sparkle!
- 1 sugar cube
- 5 dashes Angostura bitters
- Squeezed lemon peel
- 1 glass champagne (10 tablespoons)*
- For the garnish: Lemon twist
- Make the lemon twist garnish, if using.
- Add a sugar cube to bottom of a champagne flute**. Add 5 dashes of bitters to the sugar cube. Use a vegetable peeler to peel off a small strip of lemon skin. Squeeze the lemon skin into the flute to release the oils.
- Fill the glass with champagne and serve immediately: watch how the sugar cube makes the bubbles sparkle! Garnish with a lemon twist if desired (here’s how to make a lemon twist).
*You’ll get about 5 drinks per 1 bottle of champagne. **You can also serve this drinks on the rocks in a cocktail glass. Follow the same instructions, just place the ice in the glass with the sugar cube, then top with champagne. The drink will have a more subtle flavor.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Champagne Cocktails